Taj Mahal Palace

Taj Mahal Palace Rates and Deals

Taj Mahal Palace Mumbai Reviews

jming88 jming88
An Unforgettable Night Aug 19, 2013
Over looking the Gateway of India, Taj Mahal Palace is indeed a nice place to stay. The staffs were nice and friendly, do expect your luggage and yourself to be scanned upon arrival, due to past events of terrorist attacks. The room is great and nice, smells good too. Not too huge thou but spacious enough to feel comfortable. Toilet are clean but not so practical for my taste, for example the glass that separate the shower is too small and still some water would wet the dry area. Lighting is bright enough, creating a great ambiance. Overlooking the city from my window, the only downside is they have locked the window and you're not able to access to the balcony, kinda disappointed, was thinking of taking a few pictures from the balcony.

Breakfast was great! Produce serve fresh and the staffs are really welcoming and ready to serve. European and Asian dish provided.

Will definitely go back there again.
ssneha says:
It's all time awesome food is great.I have been many times over there.
Posted on: Dec 18, 2015
Winstondias Winstond…
Expensive but worth it Mar 04, 2012
If you have the money to spend then this is the hotel for you.

overlookin the sea with the all the basic amenities

the rooms are nice and spacious and not one of those that make u feel clausterphobic

the staff are very polite and willing to go the extra mile

the food at their restaurants caters to every pallete

they have about 8 restaurants and i really cant recommend one over the other

they have a travel desk that can help you take care of your future travel plans

has a lovely spa as well for those who want to pamper themselves

if you book it early than u might get the rooms for about £125 - expensive i know but hey if you have the money then i would recommend the taj over the oberoi
jenyenh jenyenh
Luxurious landmark hotel May 14, 2011
I travelled to India on business. I had to meet some people and at the same time do some shopping. I didn't really look forward to the shopping but I was looking forward to see India. I was booked by my assistant at the Taj Mahal Hotel Mumbai. I was told that this hotel stood the test of time. My assistant is from India and he highly recommended it to me. He got me a really good rate and he organized my airport transfer. I was a bit anxious about this trip, traveling alone and doesn't know what to expect. After all the stories that he told me about India, I had mixed emotions going by myself. Anyway, I arrived Mumbai around 9pm. When the plane was landing I could see Mumbai from above, it was full of lights as if I was looking up at sky during the night. I got through the immigration very quickly. When I got out of the airport, a gentleman just beside the immigration officer who was collecting our pass. To my surprise this man greeted me with my name and politely

took my luggage and he led me to the passage towards the exit. Once we got out from the airport, he introduced me to the driver who took my luggage from him. Again the driver used my name and got me settled in the car and then I was served with cold face towel and a bottle of mineral water in the car. The driver was very entertaining, explained the streets and the buildings along the way. The drive was 45mins he told me, but after traveling since 9am I was desperate for a shower and the bed, I counted every minute which actually took an hour and 17 mins.

When we reached the hotel, I was escorted to my room right away by the guest relations officer. I was not asked to go to reception at all which I was ready to do. It was somehow a nice touch that they recognized how tired I was from the trip. The hotel was huge, my mind was wandering right away where my room could be. I was too tired to ask so, I just followed my guide. While she was explaining where is what, to me it was chinese, I was so tired that everything seems to be a passing scene. Then, she must have realised that I look lost, she told me not to worry as she said she still find the place like a maze even if she was there for a while and it made me feel better knowing I could get lost and not even look stupid!

My room was big for a standard room, once I entered the room my mind was concentrated on the bed. The GRO showed me my room and my bathroom and how to turn on the TV, etc. However, she was so clever to noticed that I was not interested at all, so she politely asked my signature and told me to have a good rest. I asked her if she wanted anything else apart from my signature but she told me she will fill in the rest for me. I was blown away. The room was very comfortable but a little cold. I tried looking for the aircondition control so I could turn it off. My luggage came a few minutes after the bellman was very polite and wish me a good night sleep and left.

Although, the Taj went through a disaster around 2008 however, they are by far one of the best hotels that I have stayed with. And I still think up to today, that I will not hesitate to still go to the Taj Mahal, if I will travel to India again.
meena meena
Nicest hotel ever May 26, 2011
At first, I was reluctant to book a room at a hotel where so many people had been so violently killed just a few years earlier. But I got over it like a Mumbaikar, and stayed at one of the nicest hotels I've ever experienced. Your coffee will be served before you order it. Your personal trainer will be waiting for you at the gym, and your room will be one of the most comfortable you've ever experienced. Want to jet around the harbor in a yacht? The hotel has one you can use. A -freaking-mazing, for a price of course.
ishkra ishkra
Historic Hotel in Mumbai Aug 01, 2011
The first time I was in Mumbai in 2007 I said I must stay at least one night at the Taj Mahal hotel, and so I did.

The Taj Mahal is probably one of the most famous luxury hotel in the world. In this hotel were hosted many celebrities from the Beatles to Barack Obama.

The hotel's history is fascinating. It is said that Mr. Tata, one of the richest men in India, during the British colonization, was not allowed to go into a hotel in the city and so he decided to build the biggest hotel in Bombay.

The room in which I stayed was in the old part of the hotel which is now divided into two different parts: the old building and the new tower.

Obviously the old building has more character, the rooms are large with high ceilings and windows have a view on the Gate of India arch.

In the hotel there are more than ten restaurants (they are open not only for the guests) . There is also a big business center, a swimming pool, spa and fitness center.

Breakfast is served in a large room on the ground floor, where the Indians usually meet for business lunches.

The old building is a historical monument. The interior is impressive and seems to sleep in a museum!

Sleep there one time in a life!!
ambujtyagi ambujtya…
In Coming Travel Consultant Aug 29, 2010
This is the best hotel in India from both business and leisure point of view, now this is back with renovated old wing. I am looking to stay at this historical icon of Indian Hotels.

Taj Mahal Palace Amenities

• Massage
  • Steam Bath
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Free Parking
  • Doctor on call

Related Travel Blogs About Taj Mahal Palace

McDonalds, Tom Cruise, the Laundromat and the taxi driver
Both Rens and I slept quite well on the train, we don’t feel the need to take a nap when we check into our hotel. Therefore, we just unpack a bit, have breakfast at the hotel and head out to ex…Taj Mahal Palace and Tower, the most upscale hotel in Mumbai. It’s been around since 1903 and the outside…

Check Taj Mahal Palace Rates and Deals