Taj Indian Restaurant

1256 South Park Street, Madison, WI, USA
www.tajmadison.com - (608) 268-0772
Taj Indian Restaurant  - Outside
Taj Indian Restaurant  - Rice Pulao, part of a samosa and some aloo chaat with some chana
Taj Indian Restaurant  - garlic naan
Taj Indian Restaurant  - the buffet

Taj Indian Restaurant Madison Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Taj Indian Restaurant Jun 02, 2011
Taj is not a bad place to eat at. Especially if you are me and in need of a quick and cheap indian fix.. :P

I was disappointed at first that I could not order from the menu at lunch time. They only serve Buffet from 11:30 to 3 pm. I saw the menu on the wall and was hoping to try some soup.

But the buffet was not that bad and I can only guess that ordering at dinner would be even better. The rice was cooked perfectly and the samosas were delicious! They had an even selection between vegetarian and meat options along with some aloo chaat without the yogurt mixed in, which made me happy!

Buffet also came with a choice of naan, either garlic or plain. Garlic was good, but not very garlicky. They did put an interesting seasoning on it.

The ambience was comfortable, nothing too fancy but clean and simple; and I noticed that the waitstaff were familiar with many of the other customers. Prices are on the cheaper end and staff was very friendly.

The place doesn't jump out at you when driving. I was surprised that I even saw it. Its located in a building with some other offices next door. Landmark would be the large Copps grocery store next store.
Rice Pulao, part of a samosa and s…
garlic naan