Taitu Hotel

Check Addis Ababa Hotel Deals

Taitu Hotel Addis Ababa Reviews

DAO DAO
They Threw Me Out! And No Hot Water! Feb 25, 2017
Let’s get this over with quickly. This is the oldest hotel in Addis Ababa. It was commissioned to be built by Empress Taitu in 1898. It had no hot water then, and it still doesn’t! Some of it has not been painted, decorated or repaired since then either. The staff hassle you 24/7 to buy a tour yet they ignore you and literally sit down and watch the TV in the middle of the restaurant. Your pleas to get food or drink are never heard over the TV. When they decide to grace you with their presence they are arrogant as hell. Yes, the only rude people in all of Ethiopia work her in this government owned hell hole. Yes, they are government employees. Now you understand. Make a reservation? Get thrown out just like I did when they had a large party. I booked a week and got one night. So, I paid top money for only cold water and got thrown out? YES.

Please do not stay here on principal! They may throw you out with no notice just like me. And it smells.

The hotel even caught fire recently due to staff negligence!

DAO's Verdict:

Throwing solo guests out if a larger party shows up unexpectedly. Homeless in Addis!
NiekH NiekH
Royal building but no royal treatment Aug 02, 2010
We went to the Taitu hotel without a reservation and got a twin room for 240 birr per night. Our room was not located in the old, nice part of the hotel but in a concrete building located behind the hotel. The room was very small, simple and worn-out and the bathroom was even worse. The thing that bothered us the most was that the shower would not stop pouring water and the maintenance guy we asked for at the reception could not come up with another solution than just simply shut down the water for the rest of our stay. Since we weren't planning on spending the night there without a shower in the morning and there were no other rooms available, we moved to the Baro pension were thing were arranged much better....
irene820 irene820
Taitu Hotel, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia May 01, 2008
This is one of the oldest hotel in Addis Ababa, it has been operated since 18XX. I stayed there in Nov 2007 for 2 nights for 144 Bir per night for a twin room with shower. Staffs are friendly, location is good, the hotel is old and a bit run-down, but for this price and location, it's okay for me.
Taitu Hotel, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia…

Check Addis Ababa Hotel Deals