Tahune Forest AirWalk

Arve Rd. Tahune Forest

Tahune Forest AirWalk Reviews

shirlan shirlan
Interesting fun Jul 17, 2009
After paying an admission fee there are many things that you can do so I would advise getting there early to spend the whole day. It is a national park area so the gates do get closed late in the day.

There is to do:

Huon swinging bridge

Picton swinging bridge

Picton house site

Tahune Air walk (20 meters above ground)

Huon Pine walk

or the swinging bridges circuit (both bridges)

Rafting and Gliding

There is also a cafe and souvenier shop there.

We only did the Tahune Air Walk.

We started on the upwards trail which in itself if lovely, to get to the beginning of the Cantalever Bridge. It goes a short way before going on a 90degree turn. At this point there have been a lot of tourists throwing coins onto a tree stump down below. I wonder how many missed and are sitting on the ground below? Continuing along the bridge it is slowly rising and you are looking down on the tree tops and over the Huon River. When there are a lot of people on the bridge there is a lot of movement so it is quite interesting.

Higher and higher we go. A couple more turns. So pretty up there and there are a lot of Huon Pines still towering over us.

Getting closer to the end of the bridge it turns again to go out to nowhere or go the other way to get off the bridge. A few green people coming back off the end section. I held the rail as I walked to the end but I did it! From there you walk back the other way and you are off the bridge at the other end. Then it is a lovely walk back or you can head off on one of the other walks.

I really wanted to do the swinging bridges but after feeling "seasick" on the cantalever bridge, I didn't know if I would cope. Maybe another time.
Looking up at the first turn in th…
Looking down at the coins on the t…
Looking down on some of the trees
Tahune Forest AirWalk Map