Tafaria Castle and Country Lodge

www.tafaria.com - +254-700-151-480

Tafaria Castle and Country Lodge Reviews

tigrian tigrian
Medival style getaway Jan 14, 2015
PS:Their website has better pics than the ones ive put up and i can guarantee you its the real deal.

I have been dying to go to this place ever since it opened so imagine my suprise when my boss told us we were going to this place for our company team building during my birthday weekend.I was over the moon :-)

We got to the place at around 3pm due mishaps and other issues that happened on our way there but the long journey was worth it.

The place is in rural kenya nestled in between the Abadare ranges and Mt.Kenya.Its built in Medival architecture style which was pretty awesome for me since im a fan of medival history.

The lawns there are perfectly manicured and the gardens are quite large and beautiful.The main castle act as the reception,entertainment area,dining area and also sort of the V.I.P room known as the lords room.

We were received with refreshments and taken upstairs to have lunch and the host informed us that all their food is organic and grown in their gardens and he offered to take us on a tour later.After lunch he took us on a detailed tour of the place and then we checked in.

They have diffrent types of rooms;I stayed in the damsels quarters and the rooms were clean and very comfy even though i spent less than 3 hours in mine.The other rooms have names such as the knights quarters,the old manor,the vikings quarters e.t.c

In they evening they organised a party for us in the dungeon which serves as an entertainment area.It's osund proofed so we had a very loud and noisy party til 5 am in the morning hence the sleeping for 3 hours.

The place is mostly for couples of families or if you just want to get away.They have a swimming pool,horses which you can take for rides and quads you can use to explore the place.They also have an auditorium(colloseum style) which they use for art exhibitions and other activities.

Definately plan on going back to this place and their stuff is just the best lot of helpful people.I was incharge of organising the party and check-in for my workmates and they made it alot easier for me than it would have been.
Kenya Map