Taesongsan Funfair

Pyongyang, North Korea

Taesongsan Funfair Pyongyang Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
Funfair in North Korea May 01, 2010
A funfair in North Korea? Yes, there are 2 in Pyongyang and the Taesongsan Funfair was the one I visited during my time in Pyongyang.

It was on may the 1st, which is a national holiday in North Korea. Although still plenty of people had to work, here at this park/funfair, many local citizens sat around enjoying a picknick with their friends and families, participated in various games & sports, dances or stood in line for one of several rides.

We were given 1 hour to roam the park ourselves, which was a first. No guide to stay with us this time. It was fun to witness how the north korean people enjoyed their national holiday.

The rides in the park were bumper cars, a carousel, a ferris wheel, water ride out of service and several more. All looking quite dodgy, but still looked pretty safe. I didn't go in a ride, which I sort of regret. The park also has a path you can follow for a nice walk.

As all the visits to the various sites were included in the tour, it was unknown to me about the costs. That's why I made them free.
Spinning ride