Taco Bell

Visalia, California

Taco Bell Visalia Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
Feb 08, 2007
Here in the western part of the United States, the hispanic population has influenced the fast food industry quite a bit.  We have McDonald's of course, like every other city and town in the free and semi-free world. But here we have these Mexican fast food places where you can get Tacos, Burritos, and other newly created items.  They are priced cheap, much like they do at McDonald's.  Of course the food is very quick, mostly beans, ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese, and so it works well as fast food.  Also, mexican food can be quite spicy, due to their use of Jalapeno peppers. Packaged sauces go from mild to fire hot and you add them yourself. I understand that you can even find these now on the east coast but I must admit that while I was in Europe last year I actually missed the food.  You just don't find any Mexican food establishments anywhere in Europe or the UK.
sdbleve says:
Living in Southern California (San Diego area) I eat quite a lot of Mexican food. And I guess I have gotten to be a bit of a snob. We call Taco Bell...Taco Smell. It is nothing like real Mexican food. With such a high percentage of Hispanic population the real Mexican food is at the small mom and pop shops.

I remember when my mom was overseas we used to put together care packages for her. We always made sure to include beans and tortillas. :)
Posted on: Feb 08, 2007