Tacky Magnets

Tacky Magnets - Multicolored rubber magnet from 4 Corners, USA
Tacky Magnets - 3 dimensional of Old Faithfull, Yellowstone National Park
Tacky Magnets - Winter at Multnomah Falls, Oregon
Tacky Magnets - Crazy Horse Memorial, South Dakota
Tacky Magnets - This was called the Grand Circle for the amazing south-west.

Tacky Magnets Visalia Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
May 10, 2007
First, I will already concede that several TravBuddy members have many more magnets, tacky or not. But you have to remember that I am old. So old that I’m not sure magnets were even invented yet when I began traveling. Spoons or postcards were the thing. On our trip to Europe we brought back a stack of postcards at least two inches thick. Our spoon collection began soon after we were married and continued for many years until we couldn’t find any more placed to put racks on the walls. We bought two nice racks and I built several more to display all of them but over the years we have displayed less and less. I just takes too much work to keep them cleaned and shined. I also used to collect books of matches when I smoked.

What do you collect as souvenirs on your journeys around the world? I’m interested to find out just what the most common souvenirs are and what other items people collect.

Maybe we should start up a Group for travel collections.
Multicolored rubber magnet from 4 …
Crazy Horse Memorial, South Dakota
3 dimensional of Old Faithfull, Ye…
Winter at Multnomah Falls, Oregon
iolakana says:
I love lapel pins- but they aren't available everywhere. Sometimes I make due with buying anything and gluing that on a pin. I used to (when I actually had a house) display them on a huge corkboard...they are just so pretty and shiny!
Posted on: May 11, 2007
crystalware says:
I have to admit I too have a tacky obsession, only with snow globes. I started collecting them when I was very young and it just stuck with me when I started traveling. I have hundreds of them. I also pick up postcards to use in my scrapbooks. They make excellent backgrounds.
Posted on: May 10, 2007
wickedlady says:
hmm i always buy postcards because they dont really take up any room. i have them from trips all the way back from when i was a little kid.
i have also started buying embroidered patches which I think are pretty popular.
Posted on: May 10, 2007