Taberna Los Coloniales

Plaza Cristo de Burgos, Sevilla, Spain

Taberna Los Coloniales Sevilla Reviews

richardspain richards…
Good restaurant in a good location. Jul 10, 2011
Typical Sevilla place to meet with friends and introduce in the world of ''tapas''. Good food a good price, there are many specialties like ''solomillo al wishky'' ''berenjenas con miel o salmorejo''.
Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
Taberna Coloniales - A Great Recomendation Dec 07, 2009
Had looked into this place, following reading local TB Lokababy's review. Paloma was 100% spot on 8).

I was staying close to the cathedral and had been stung for €8 for a beer, and so decided to head up to the Taberna Coloniales.

Looked on the map a fairly straight path up to the Plaza Cristo De Burgos, but it did mean going up some small streets and through and round the back of the Plaza De La Alfalfa, but it only took about 10 minutes.

First time I went I arrived about 7-30pm and it was empty bar one person and the girl was out from behind the bar sweeping up. As I was trying to decide whither it was open or was closing a couple arrived and went in, and so did I then.

It soon started to fill up, and the couple that had come in at the same time asked for the menu. I just followed their example.

When I got it though I took the gist of what the guy was saying to be I could only oreder off the second page and had to do it by 8-30, and ordered something that had ham in it.

Turned out to be a big slice of toast, covered in a sauce and ham. The place was really filling up and I realised that the kichens didn't open until 8-30 as soon the food was flying out to the bar and to the tables outside and it looked great. My lack of Spanish to blame for ordering to early :-D

Although it was busy the staff were very attentive,filling my beer up as I finished each one, and the chef at the small grill wasn't letting the orders, stuck up on a board, pile up.

It was when I got the bill I really was impressed as for 5 large beers and the toasty tapas thing it was just over €15.

Next time I was in was the Thursday night and it was just as I wandered the streets back towards town that I ended up in the Plaza and recognised where I was.

This time the bar was in full swing and I had a few beers and ordered a tapas of sliced pork with potatoes,peppers and bread. It was lovely :-)

Was having another beer after that and the guy behind the bar gave me a plate of sliced cheese to nibble at.

On both occasions I found the staff very pleasant and the bills very cheap. Both times as well I think I was the only tourist in the place and on both nights it was busy by 8-30pm which should be a good sign .

Cheers Paloma 8)
Name On The Wall
Tables and Serving Hatch
Along The Bar
Ham Toasty thing
vances says:
So why did you come back home???

:^)
Posted on: Dec 17, 2009
lokababy lokababy
Cheap restaurant near the Cathedral Sep 02, 2009
This two-floors place is located near the Cathedral (one of the main tourist attractions in Sevilla) but it is surprisingly cheap! (surrounding places are twice more expensive).

A friend of mine discovered it and took me there. And now, when I meet someone new, I go there, all over if it's a foreign person, because he can taste spanish food for an affordable price.

I recommend you to ask 'solomillo al whisky' (pork meat with a delightful sausage), 'patatas a la brava' (potatoes with a spicy sauag) and 'pechuga de pollo con salsa de almendras' (chicken with an almond sausage).

I hope you enjoy it!!! ;)

Check Sevilla Hotel Deals