Tabascos

Reykjavik, Iceland

Tabascos Reykjavik Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Icelandic-Mexican Jan 03, 2010
Tabascos is a Mexican-Icelandic restaurant in the centre of Rekjavik, not far from the lake and the old harbour. It is pleasantly decorated, has nice staff, and is open slightly later on Sundays than the other restaurants in the area. The atmosphere was very nice. One starter, two main courses and one desert, with two beers, came to about £60 altogether once we worked out the exchange rate. This isn’t bad at all.

The food was very nice, although it suffered a little in comparison with the food in the other restaurants we went to. On any other holiday I might have given it top ratings, but the food was not quite as perfect as the food we had in Geysir or Rossopomodoro earlier in the weekend. The salt cod was nice, although the salsa stuff it was served in was a little lacking in flavour. The Rhubarb cake was excellent and the prawns were very nice indeed.

I think the problem is very much that the standards of food I had on this holiday are very high. In any other city I would be praising this place to the hilt as a cosy, nice place. But even the curry house here had me in raptures and it suffers by comparison.

Check Reykjavik Hotel Deals