TURKIYE BALLOONS CAPPADOCIA, Göreme, Turkey
0533 025 5800
TURKIYE BALLOONS CAPPADOCIA, Göreme, Turkey Reviews
When in doubt, pick the best Sep 01, 2014
For anyone traveling to Cappadoccia, a big decision to be made is - to go the touristy route and do the hot air balloon ride, or to turn up your nose and choose to explore the valleys on foot by yourself.
Of course you could do both.
The hot air balloon ride is an absolutely over-hyped experience, in my opinion. There is no thrill, no adrenaline involved whatsoever.
BUT... the view of Cappadoccia that is presented to you on a balloon ride is absolutely unmatched. No amount of climbing rocks can give you the panorama that the balloon does.
So, my first recommendation is - bite the bullet and ride a balloon already!
That said, this is probably the single largest money making business in the area. Every day at dawn hundreds of balloons soar over the landscape of Cappadoccia, and none of them are flying with less than maximum capacity.
Needless to say, there are more balloon companies than you could care to read about. And the service offered is pretty indistinguishable.
There are a few points that I took into consideration when I finalized on Turkiye Balloons:
1. They were highly recommended by the hotel (the other one was Butterfly, but they didn't have space)
2. Although this was on the higher side of cost options, there is the safety factor to be taken into account as well. I'm not saying that the cheaper options were less safe, but this is a call each one has to make for themselves.
3. Location - Do not pay too much attention to what each company says about the launch site. This changes each day depending on the direction of the wind, etc. We got lucky and took off at Love Valley. Beautiful site!
4. Food - All the companies pick you up from your hotel at around 5, and then take you to their office to fill out paperwork and stuff. Most companies provide a basic breakfast of fruit and bread. Some provide an awesome spread at a breakfast buffet. An important point, in my books!
5. Experience - The actual experience of the ride is pretty much the same. I haven't heard about anyone experiencing anything more or anything less than what we did.
So yeah, the main differentiation is in the cost. Some companies are more popular and charge more. I don't know if there is a correlation between that and safety. So pick wisely.
Either way, you have a treat for the eyes in store for you.
Part of the The Magical World of Turkey travel blog
12 / 12 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!