TOEI Kyoto Studio Park
TOEI Kyoto Studio Park Reviews
TOEI Kyoto Studio Park Feb 16, 2016
I usually blog about my trips and not so much on reviews. But I think TOEI Kyoto Studio Park very much deserve some recognition.
If you're interested in Ninjas and Samurai and ancient Japanese stuff, this will be the place for you. It's supposed to be some sort of a filming studio where some of their popular TV programmes were featured here. For tourists, we may not be familiar with their TV programmes, but still it was interesting to see the setups.
What to expect:
- People walking around the park in ancient costumes and you're free to take pictures with them.
- They have a number of "shows" that you can witness such as a Ninja Stage Show, Samurai Fighting, Reenactment of their past lifestyle and Behind-the-Scenes on how a movie is directed. All these shows are carefully arranged in a timetable so that tourists won't miss any of them.
- The park isn't big, but if you're interested to catch all the shows, you can be spending over 3 hours there.
- Certain attractions like Ninja Mystery House, Haunted House, Photography Shop etc requires additional fees.
- The Ninja Mystery House is my favourite! I like ninjas and it's so cool to learn of their secret passage, in which I shall not reveal here (I'm a Ninja!)
- There are eateries and of course souvenir shops selling mostly Ninja and Samurai stuff.
- The whole place looks like an old Japanese village of the Edo era. Too cool!
- For anime and Japanese cartoon lovers, this would also be an interesting place to visit. They also have certain performances at certain time of the year.
- It's about 2,200Yen per adult which may sound a bit pricey but definitely worth the experience.
- Location is a bit far from the main Kyoto attractions. If you're making a trip to Arashiyama you can actually make a detour as these 2 attractions are nearer to one another. But you will have to pay attention to the opening hours to fit these 2 in one day.
- Their popular Ninja Stage show is only in Japanese so foreigners may not understand the jokes. However, you could more or less guess the storyline based on their acting.
I don't know why this place isn't that popular among tourists because I personally preferred this place over the bamboo forest. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who's visiting Kyoto. Go GO GO!
1 / 1 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!