TIjcal II Hostal

Check Madrid Hotel Deals

TIjcal II Hostal Madrid Reviews

komis7 komis7
Friendly and cozy Sep 01, 2009
I stayed in this hostel while visiting Madrid in July. I found the staff of the hostel to be very friendly and offering advice. The hostel itself its kinda boring as it does not have a common room but its centrally located, about 3 minutes from Plaza Mayor and about 4 minutes from the Sol station. The room was small but big enough for one person. The AC was optional and had a charge of 6e but I thought it was worth it being that it was a hot July. Overall I would love to stay back in this hostel. Although you might find yourself being hit on by hookers in the middle of the day, the hostel is safe and fairly quite.
delsol67 delsol67
Hookers, Junkies, and Animal smells but, close to everything!? Jul 21, 2008
Ok, This is probably the worst review I've ever written. I will start with the positive.

The hostal is close to much that you will want to do with the metro close-by, also.

Beyond the location, stay somewhere else.

Even though the hotel is central and convenient, it's on a street that evidently is where drug deals are made and hookers hang out as I was repeated solicited for both purchases.

The reception spoke barely passable English. They were friendly but not helpful when assistance was needed with room issues.

The room itself is small but good for a single. there is a window into a courtyard. The bath is very small, fine, but there is mildew growing in tile grout and many things are in disrepair.

Ok, I had a bigger issure with this room, it smalled of cat urine...bad. I asked for a different room, was told none available. I also asked about the ocntrol for the A/C. Was then told 5 euro a day for that. It's July, of course I paid.

That night, the A/C started leaking .....alot. So, I went to recpetion and they said to turn it off. As ir was hot, I placed a bucket under the dripping A/Cunit to catch water. I reminded reception of the A/c issue the next morning. When I came back in the evening, not worked on. Bucket, again. The next morning, I requested service again. That afternoon, A/C still a water feature. Reception said they would call again. I returned in the evening to find a housekeeper and a worker taking my A/C apart. After about an hour he said he was finished, turned the A/c on and left. It worked for about 30 minutes before it started leaking, again. I went to the front desk and again asked for a different. Again, I was told that there wasn't one and repairmen could come tomorrow. No one ever showed up.

This could be an isolated incident. But, I think that houw this was handled was poor.

You could have a perfectly nice stay here but, my story is a warning of what might be experienced.

Also, The price I paid was 56 euro and then 5 euro extra for A/C. Other accomodations could be found for this price....surely.
Puerto delsol - just around the co…
Palacio Real