THAI Restaurant

Saint Tropez, France

THAI Restaurant Saint Tropez Reviews

Vioweil Vioweil
Asiatic cuisine is not for me Jun 05, 2012
Glad that I was in France again, my friend Erique and his wife proposed to pick me up at the airport in Nice and have dinner together in Saint Tropez. Said and done.

THAI restaurant is located right in front of the French Riviera, surrounded by palm trees and facing the see. It has a nice outside terrace, and even the tables from the inside benefit of fresh night air due to the open space walls. The inside is extremely rich in decorations, which was a little bit overwelming for my taste for exquisite simplicity.

My friend Erique ordered for all of us, as I didn`t know what was behind the dishes names on the menu. Now comes the hard part... I`ve got few plates full with different "something":). Generally I like to see clear what I eat when I eat in a restaurant. That`s why I never order anything that involves sauces, or something similar. So I didn`t eat what was on a plate (it had sauce), didn`t eat the croquettes (they were too fat and too fried), but only the salad. Though my friends seemed to enjoy their meal.

The atmosphere in the restaurant was nice. Staff were polite and fast, all the time having a smile "plastered" on their faces. Bathroom was clean. If you like Asiatic food, I think THAI restaurant is not a bad choice for a pleasant evening.

As I was coming directly from the airport, I didn`t have my camera with me, this explaining the poor quality of the attached pictures.
westwind57 says:
Hi Vio, that is funny... it shows as a new review tonight but I already commented some time ago. Sometimes a mystery to me how the website works... :)
Posted on: Jun 05, 2012
Vioweil says:
I really don`t know, Jacques. The restaurant`s name was THAI, but when I asked my friend what he ordered, he said "Vietnamese food". I don`t kow what is the difference between Thai and Vietnamese as I`m not a fan of Asiatic food.
But as you said, my friends were well familiar with such type of food!:)
Posted on: May 30, 2012
westwind57 says:
Are the owner's of the restaurant maybe a mixed couple? Or did they call the Vietnamese restaurant "Thai" in order to attract more people? That would be strange too because I think the French are well familiar with Vietnamese food. Intriguing. Nice review Vio :)
Posted on: May 30, 2012

Compare Saint-Tropez Hotel Rates (0.8km away)

Saint Tropez Map