TGI Friday's

14/15 First Level Mall, Aberdeen, United Kingdom

TGI Friday's Aberdeen Reviews

Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
TGI Friday's , Union Square Sep 11, 2012
Believe it or not this was my first ever time in one of these :O.

Union Square is situated right beside the train station in Aberdeen. While the mall seems to close down around 6, the restaurants and cafes reamin open until 11pm. TGI Friday's is up on the first floor, easily accessible by escalator and lift.

The kids had gone on ahead and asked for a table for 4 and they had stuck them out at the edge, so the first thing we did when we arrived was get them to move us to a table inside.

We got he menus OK, and ordered drinks, and the kids cokes arrived but my wife and I were left waiting for our beers. Eventually had to say to the guy waiting the table, as we could see thay had been poured and were sitting on the counter, that we were still waiting on them. He came back with them and, without a word, practically slammed them down on the table and walked off.

Don't know what his problem was, whither he was pissed at previous customers, or given that he finished his shift before we left, that he was annoyed that we'd been moved into his section. Whatever, the attitude was pretty awful, but it did improve quite quickly , but it was a piss poor first impression of the place.

On the up side the food was really nice :)

We went for the shared starter and chose the Jack Daniels Tower, with chicken, ribs and shrimp. It didn't last long :D

I swear my son looks at the price, not the food, and just picks the most expensive thing he can find, so for his main he ordered the Surf & Turf Combo, I went for Cajun-Spiced Chicked Quesadillas, my wife had Cajun Chicken Ciabata and my daughter went simply for the burger. All were really nice, though not much you can do to mess up a burger.

Enjoyed a few more beers, draught Budweiser, and the guy by now was really quite on the ball, and kept taking the kids glasses and filling them up with coke, as they have an unlimited amount for a set price. They should do it with beer as well ;)

The kids and I decided to do dessert as well, my wife said she would just have bits of eveybody else's, hmmmmm!!!! My daughter and I both had the Chocolate Fudge Fixation and my boy went for the Popcorn Brownie, again all really delicious. My wife was left sitting, with the spoon the new waiter had insisted on giving her, for a good while :D before we finally relented and let her try some.

A good food experience, and I would have rated it better, but let down by the service at the start. There was no excuse for that.
TGI Friday's, Union Square