T.G.I. Friday's

www.tgifridays.com - (305) 673-8443

T.G.I. Friday's Miami Beach Reviews

anupa_rk anupa_rk
Quick stop for food and more! Aug 22, 2010
South Beach Miami is one of those places you just have to visit if you’re even passing through the city, right?!

The beach has a bunch of public restrooms in the vicinity, but for some strange reason, they were all locked. So we proceeded to ask some vendors as to where we could find a changing room.

“Just head over to the TGIF over at Ocean Drive” is the response we received! Apparently, this is common knowledge! And so that’s what we did. We shamelessly stepped into the TGIF that was across the road from the beach, changed, and shamelessly stepped out and headed to the water!

I was slightly bothered by this, but since so many others were also doing it, I let it slide. But when we had to head back there after splashing about in the water.. to change back into our regular clothes, I insisted that we grab a bite this time!

The restaurant is located right at the end of Ocean Drive.. across the road from the beach. And it makes for a nice spot to just sit around and see the world go by. Crazy bikers, loud pedestrians, flashy dressers, kids on skateboards… you can just sit and watch them all go by!

The staff was sufficiently (and thankfully, not overtly) pleasant and quick to take our orders. We ordered a daiquiri and a mojito to start off and a burger and grilled salmon for the main course.

The daiquiri was awful. Nothing like the drinks that you can pick up from the kiosk bars that are littered around the beach. The Mojito was fine. And so was the food.

The price was more or less the same as it is in any other TGIF location. There was a 15% gratuity added to our final bill, which was surprising… since I thought that was usually charged on tables with 4 or more people. But I was on a vacation.. feeling generous..! So I didn’t think much about it.

But full point to this joint for the location!
anupa_rk says:
That's crazy Chris! If they did something like that in India there would be riots :D :D
Posted on: Sep 24, 2010
reikunboy says:
TGIf opened in Kyoto in Japan and we had dinner and drinks there and they even added gratuity of 15% on the bill and we don't even tip in Japan
Posted on: Sep 23, 2010
anupa_rk says:
Hey Carlos.. yeah, I am sure the quality of mixed drinks varies based on who is doing in mixing!
Posted on: Sep 20, 2010