TFS Bistrot formerly known as The French Stall

6299 3544

TFS Bistrot formerly known as The French Stall Singapore Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Solid no frills cheap French food Dec 13, 2011
I have always been a fan of French food. When i think of French food, I think fine fancy dining :) Afterall, french cuisine is expensive here in Singapore.

The French Restaurant now known as TFS Bistrot has been around for a while but I dont know why I never bother try it before. But now I have been to this place a couple of time for quick fuss free french meals.

It started on a Saturday evening, when my French boyfriend say we should give this place a try (we have obviously exhausted our choices of French restaurants in Singapore).

Located at the edge of Little India, one normally would not expect to see a French restaurant right? We took a cab there and had to keep a lookout for the shophouse number.

There it was. The place was buzzing with people in and out of the restaurant. We were welcomed by a Chinese lady who I believe is the wife of the Chef & owner of the restaurant - a French guy who decided to stay in Singapore. We did not make any reservations thus had to stand in the street alley for about 20 minutes. The waiters were mainly old Chinese aunties and uncles aged at least 45 & above.

Finally we got our table, small, outdoors & at the corner. I can see the kitchen from where I was seated. It aint pretty. We ordered a bottle of red wine, a cheese platter, 2 main courses and profiterole for desert.

The cutlery was nothing fancy. Its just plain & old looking knife. U can see the aging woodgrain on the knife. My Cuisse de Poulet Marinée et Grillée avec notre Sauce BBQ, Pomme de Terre Sautée arrived. Yummy! The cheese platter was alright. Finally the desert, I love the profiterole au chocolat. Usually the profiterole I have had are small but this one was huge!! Yum Yum!!

The Chef also came by & join us at the table for a chat. (I think its because he saw his fellow countryman). But he generally looked quite friendly.

The dinner was lovely. We were so full at the end of the evening. Its cheap, nothing fancy but fully satisfying. I would recommend it to French visitors in Singapore who missed their homecooked food but do not wish to spend a bomb on food here.
My yummy profiterole au chocolat

Check Singapore Hotel Deals