TACA Airlines

San Jose, Costa Rica

TACA Airlines San Jose Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Airline for Central America and South America - TACA Airlines Feb 24, 2009
TACA Airlines services lot of destinations in Central America, actually their headquarters are in Costa rica, in South America and also 2 in the USA and Toronto in Canada.

I flew with them long distance, but they also have a domestic route in Peru. Here are my impressions after the experiences with them:

-they are the only international carrier that offers the route LIM-CUSCO-LIM. They just have 1 flight daily. I flew with them once. It was ok, but heard about bad experiences.

-they have an ok service on board.

-a couple of years ago, they started to charge for the food even for international flights, but not anymore. Also if you call them 24hrs in advance, they can give you a special menu.

-the seats and the planes are comfortable, at least it was so when I flew from Lima to Buenos Aires.

-sometimes you can find good offers online, but check about the stops and layovers.

-their frequent flier program is a good one, although they don't work with any other airline, but they have good offers for their members.

-the delays are not unusual for them...

A bad experience:

-when I was coming back from Miami, I had to stop in Costa Rica. Well, when I arrived to Lima, my bag didn't. I checked 2 and just arrived 1. They told me it was in San Jose, how!?! I wasn't the only one with this problem. We were at least 12 ppl
yadilitta says:
oh!!! so sorry you had that bad experience. And thanks for the warning!
Posted on: Feb 24, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About TACA Airlines

San Jose to Antigua
It was an early start this morning around 6 am to get everything packed and ready and I was collected at 7am to be taken to the airport. I am sitting at San Jose airport waiting to board my Taca airl…San Jose airport waiting to board my Taca airlines flight to Guatemala City, now there is a sentence I never…

Check San Jose Hotel Deals