T G I Friday's

T G I Friday's - TGIF Burger

T G I Friday's Newcastle upon Tyne Reviews

Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
TGI Friday's - The Gate, Newcastle Oct 05, 2012
The Gate is a cinema complex, which also contains a range of pubs and restaurants,over 3 floors. Easy to get to, just up from Bigg Market on Newgate Street, with the nearest Metro staion at Monument. Also has a large car park. Opens from midday until 11pm.

Having enjoyed the food in the one in Aberdeen, I though this would be a good place for us to go on our first night here.It was about 6-30pm, on a Friday night, when we arrived, and were told it would be half an hour before there would be a table available.

We decided to wait, and were given a 'pager' that would tell us when the table was ready, and went to the bar and got a drink, while looking over the menu. It did take the half hour, but it passed really quickly.

Drinks arrived at the table pretty quickly, and our order was soon taken. Decied to go for the Jack Daniels Tower ( again) to share as a starter, which contains shrimps, chicken strips and pork ribs. To be honest I think I could have managed another one, not that it was meagre portions, just because I like it :D

For the main course we went for a classic burger, a Jack daniels Burger and I had Cajun-Spiced Chicken Quesidillas. Despite the place being busy, and there appearing to be few staff to cover the number of tables, we didn't wait long at all between courses.

Guy serving us was a pleasant young man, and kind of indicated some staff were taken up with large party bookings, and the rest were covering more tables than they normally would. Even though he was busy, the beer still arrived at regular intervals, so I was happy :)

We got the menus back for desserts, but in the end I was the only one that went for it. I couldn't resist the Chocolate Fudge Fixation again.

A busy restaurant, in a busy location, but plenty of privacy and space at the tables. Nice enough to go to, and with the selection on the menu you can't really go wron, whatever anyones preferences may be.
TGI Friday's In The Gate
Wall Of TGI Friday's Newcastle
Blues Brothers In TGI Friday's
Jack Daniels Tower At The Gate
Dr_Seuss says:
It is Andy, but up until last month I had never been in one :O
Posted on: Oct 15, 2012
Andy99 says:
I see TGI Friday's is as popular there as it is here!
Posted on: Oct 15, 2012