Szimpla Kert / The simple Garden

Kazinczy utca 14 7th District, Budapest, Hungary

Szimpla Kert / The simple Garden Budapest Reviews

brettjayhawk brettjay…
Backpackers Dream Bar Jun 21, 2011
I don't really remember how we ended up at this bar. Everyone at the hostel was going out and I decided that I wasn't staying in that night.

We ended up at this hookah bar and had some flavored tobacco and had some beers. This place was great atmosphere filled with other backpackers. One of the tables was even a car that you could sit in and enjoy your drink or smoke. It was decorated with lots of plants and was wide open with tables and benches in the main area. It is decorated with a lot of "junk" on the walls and photographs from local photographers.

Their services include wireless Internet, warm food, cocktail bar, fruits & co, hookah shop, recording studio

I would highly recommend stopping by and having a drink here while in Budapest.
Have a drink in the car
Devika1985 Devika19…
Szimpla / Simple Jul 27, 2011
When I arrived in Budapest, Livia, a girl from travbuddy showed me around. She also took me to her favorite bar, Szimpla, wich means Simple. I really loved the place! I recommend everyone to visit this place if u ever get to Budapest. The place was so artistic, lively and fun! The place really is very simple but there are so many fun things to be seen there. The pretty lights, the old chairs that would normally go to the nearest scrapheap and also the fun touches here and there like a bathtub and a car you can sit in. The place is very big and it has a lot of different, smaller and bigger spaces, around every corner there is another space and new surprises. I really liked the feel of the place, the colors and the relaxed atmosphere. Prices are low there, but for a place like this it would not be important to me. It had never seen anything like it and I thought it was really cool.
Gaben256 Gaben256
Perfect for chill out Apr 29, 2011
In the heart of Budapest there is a pretty nice place called the " Simple Garden ". Its always worth to check it out, have a drink and have a good time. The prices are not bad, and the atmosphere is just amazing.
ems07 ems07
Feb 12, 2008
From the outside this bar does not appear to be somewhere fun to have a drink or relax, or even look like a bar at all. Apart from one small sign on the outside, there appears to be no entrance. However, after pushing your way through the unwelcoming exterior there is an expanse of courtyard with relaxing rooms to relax and bars to grab a drink.

The entire place in converted from and contains old furniture and recycled junk, giving the place heaps of character.

After about 9 o clock on the weekend the bar gets really busy and has a good atmosphere.

Check Budapest Hotel Deals