Sziget-festival

136 Hajógyári-sziget, Budapest, Hungary

Sziget-festival Budapest Reviews

christl3 christl3
Sziget music festival Feb 23, 2011
I went to the Sziget music festival in August 2010 and the line up, in all honesty, had not been as amazing as previous years. It is widely knows as one of the most worthwhile European music festivals to visit.

I have been to a few European music festivals and this one has been, by far, my favourite. It is situated on an island in the middle of Budapest so therefore travel into the capital is very easy to avail of and if you get bored of the festival for a day (which can happen as it is effectively a week-long festival) you can go into the city and go to the baths (i would suggest that as u feel so clean afterwards).

As the island is a park for the rest of the year there is plenty of shade to place your tent under so therefore the sun doesn't effect your sleep too much, which i cannot stress the importance of enough.

During the day there is a wide range of activities to endertake such as belly dancing lessons, pole dancing lessons, an ability park (where they put you in wheel chairs and make u go through an obstacle course in the wheelchair so u can see what it's like to be in one!), yoga classes, flash mobs, the 'ambient tent' (it's very ambient!), the chess tent etc. So you cannot get bored!

The music starts at about 6! The alcohol is expensive enough and so is the food. It is an expensive festival and on the downside you are not permitted to bring alcohol into the campsite so you have to buy all your drink in the festival.

The atmosphere at this festival is great! There are multiple different nationalities here and everyone is up for fun.

I would highly recommend it
the new teenage tv show cast :D
us at the tents
tmadik tmadik
Sziget: If You Only Catch One Music Festival in Your Life...Make it THIS One Aug 08, 2007
Honestly, this is the one that opened my eyes. Every possible genre of music. Acts from all over the globe. Visitors from every point on the map. Simply beautiful people and good vibes for 7 days.

I'll put up a more thorough review later.
drewbacsi says:
Get in to the Sziget Festival for FREE!

Just stay tuned and answer our 'Sziget Six' trivia questions.

Uncle Drew
Budacast.hu - Hungary's podcast
Posted on: Jul 17, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Sziget-festival

To Pula, Plitvička Jezera and Budapest
This year i went on a small road trip with some friends. First to chill at the Croation coast and then to party a Sziget Festival in Budapest. We went for Pula on the 1th of August with a stop in Au…Sziget Festival in Budapest. We went for Pula on the 1th of August with a stop in Austria to visit…
apres 17hours
This is mostly just to make my travel map make some kind of sense. But also Im in a pensive mood so I thought I would start regularly updating the Metz blogs with random stuff. Also since I have done…Budapest, for Sziget festival! After 6 days of getting seriously gross camping, drinking and generally haivng a ball, I have…
T Minus 6 Days...
My first travel blog.  This oughtta be interesting.Well, let's start with a quick run-down of what's about to happen, and what was supposed to happen.So, I've been promising that I'm going to ca…Sziget Festival in Budapest for about two years now.  For those of you who haven't heard of it (and are too lazy…

Check Budapest Hotel Deals