Szeged, Hungary

Szeged Reviews

Paullfc Paullfc
Pretty city in Hungary Sep 20, 2009
After hitching a lift whilst travelling through europe, me and my friend craig stumbled across Szeged, a beautiful town in hungary, which can be best described 'in my opinion' as a mini Prague.

szeged captured my attention with it's natural beauty and placid atmsophere. I would not recommend this place to somebody who wanted to stay in the same place for the duration or their holiday, however strongly recommend it to somebody passing by and believe it is worth a detour to take in it's pleasures.

The most pleasing thing about this place is that it is not a major tourist destination so you don't have to dig for it's heritage and the people are extremely nice.

Szeged definately has a place in my heart and I cannot describe the pull the place has. You will have to go there yourself to understand. I am confident you wont be disappointed.

Here is a poem I wrote about it, not that i'm a poet or anything ha ha:

Szeged (Hungary)

we were told hungary had been bullied by wars,

which had damaged their morale and left them shutting their doors,

but walking down a street in Szeged on day,

I felt their presence in such a peculiar way.

the air was sweet all around was calm,

the people moved elegantly not causing alarm.

I have thought about going back to this place one day,

but whether or not that feeling will stay.

Paul Phillips (UK)
mellemel8 says:
where are the pics?!?!?!?!
Posted on: Aug 16, 2007
crazyaniko says:

i feel shame im hungarian but never been there:(

you know more than i do actualy:)
Posted on: Jul 21, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Szeged

Local Authority
Hodmezovasarhely is the name of Szabs' home town. It's quite undensley populated, but large nonetheless considering its distance from Budapest, and the next nearest city of Szeged where we had t…Szeged where we had to change trains from the main line out of the capital. Greeted with a couple…

Check Szeged Hotel Deals