Rynek Glowny 6, Krakow, Poland
+48 (12) 4216669

Szara Krakow Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A lovely refugeium for mind and stomach Jul 02, 2010
We had been out walking most of the day; interrupted by the occasional pit stop where we enjoyed the cold Polish beer. It was time for lunch and our host had guided us around the fabulous Jewish quarter and they had been very focused in leading us towards the restaurant Szara.

The restaurant had a magnificent location right in the middle of the market square; from outside the place didn’t look that big but the had both a nice garden in the back and a quite large area inside as well. We were a rather large group of nine, so it took then some time to get us seated but they managed to get us a seat outside.

The outside area was nice in calm yellow colours surrounded with flowers, most of them roses in beautiful colours. The huge parasols gave good shade from the sun and it was a place that I could sit for hours.

We started with some drinks and quickly decided for the menu with some different choices of cold soups and a steak or a fish as a main. I went for the cold cucumber soup which was fabulous – one of the best soups that I ever had. My main course was not far behind in taste; I had taken the fish and it was truly wonderful.

The service was fast and friendly and always willing in explaining the different dishes. The place was a great refugium from the sun and the tourist walking the streets of Krakow like us.
My wonderful cold soup
The main entrance
Roses from the garden
Chokk says:
This was wonderful:)
Posted on: Aug 04, 2010
kamja says:
Krakow has some kick ass places! so lucky!
Posted on: Aug 04, 2010