Syyahat Hotel

Görogly Köçesi 60a, Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
+993 12 34 45 08
Syyahat Hotel - bedroom
Syyahat Hotel - At night, the bugs come out
Syyahat Hotel - The toilet - notice the turd still floating in it AFTER the room was supposedly cleaned
Syyahat Hotel - The views from the balcony are not bad at all
Syyahat Hotel - Syyahat hotel
Syyahat Hotel - The bathroom of my first room - believe it or not, this one was actually 'clean'
Syyahat Hotel - yuck!

Check Ashgabat Hotel Deals

Syyahat Hotel Ashgabat Reviews

Biedjee Biedjee
Don't let the bedbugs bite - no, literally! Jun 21, 2010
I ended up at the hotel Syyahat after my first choice turned out to be full. The place doesn't get any glowing reviews, but I figured it would be ok for two nights. Boy, did I figure wrong.

It started with the check-in. For some reason all staff is Russian in this place and the 'friendliness' with which I was welcomed reminded me mostly of arriving in a Gulag. Didn't the Eagles sing that once? “We are all just prisoners here of our own device”.

Ah well, for $15 for a room in a capital city, you can't expect them to be friendly as well, now can you?

The room itself was a rather dirty, decrepit affair, with a bathroom which seemed to fall apart just by looking at it.

Apart from dirty and ugly, the room was also infested with bed bugs! Now I know that this is something you can't really hold a hotel responsible for, because these nasty bugs spread via traveller's luggage and they don't really show themselves during the day. Even the best hotels in the world can have outbreaks of bugs.

But what made it worse was the way they dealt with it. I complained about it as soon as I found out, and I was transferred to another room on the same floor which was utterly disgusting: cigarette buds on the floor and a turd floating in the toilet. Don't people ever clean a room after guests check out?

When I refused this room the floor attendant told me to take it up with the reception, because she was out of options. Once downstairs I was told I could move (again) to another room on the same floor and this one would really be clean. Again, this one seemed nicer and in better state than the previous two I'd had. There was an actual seat on the toilet and it all seemed clean enough.

Can't say I slept really comfortably after all this.

So my advice about this hotel? Avoid like the plague!
The bathroom of my first room - be…
bedroom
The views from the balcony are not…
Syyahat hotel
Vlindeke says:
Gefeliciteerd met je feature ;))
Posted on: Oct 22, 2012
sylviandavid says:
Yikes..... good review.... "traveler be warned" .... Thanks for posting this.... AND Congratulations on being featured! Sylvia
Posted on: Oct 21, 2012
sweettangerine says:
Thanks for sharing! And congrats on the feature :)
Posted on: Oct 21, 2012