Sydney/Brizzie & Queensland

Queesnaland Oz

Sydney/Brizzie & Queensland Reviews

vinnyf vinnyf
Sydney/Brizzie & Queensland in General Jun 11, 2010
So everyone, their mother and the neighbour's cat is off to Australia (type in everybody's going to Australia in Youtube; me and my friend went for 6 weeks and really enjoyed it. One mistake I made was pre-booking a few things. We stayed with family but friends fewl from Perth and stayed in hostels (www.yha.com.au) they recommended this chain f hostels as they are very clean (I acn verify this, for what its worth) usually quite central, and reasonably priced. You also get discounts for staying in multiple hostels with yha.

In Brizzie there is quite a lot to do, if you like city life, mind you a week is enough, its much more sleepy compared to Sydney. A good place to eat are the food hallls in the big shopping malls, there is alot of choice and its quite cheap. The cinema suprisingly enough is really expensive. It was about $45 for 2 to go see Alice in Wonderland, which I was kind of suprised at.

There are some great theme parks I would recommend everyone to visit dreamworld and Whitewater world are amazing being honest Whitewater world was one of the highlights of the holiday, we went back twice it was an amazing experience. Sydney is great to see and again worth a visit, but once you've seen all the sights like the bridge etc... that's about it.

My tip for oz, is budget and keep it simple, we climbed the bridge and we didnt regret it it was great craic. The Sydney Aquarium is good also and the sharks there are outstanding. Finally go to Summer Bay (Home & Away), getting the L190 bus from the city centre, tell the bus driver you want to get off at Palm beach, they may be filiming. There is a great restaurant there called Dunes and you can eat at the diner also, at Alf's baitshop and get yourself a home and away mug and t shirt.

Try and go backpacking in the outback, go in a group and watch for snakes. Overall keep to a bdget, if you dont you'll overspend and end up getting annoyed; backpack and experience the great outdoors, the real Australia, and if at all possible visit Tazzie,its remarkable.

Hope this helps,