Darling Harbour, Darling Harbour, Australia

Sydney Aquarium Darling Harbour Reviews

avatar2010 avatar20…
Sydney Aquarium Aug 18, 2011
Sydney Aquarium is located in Darling Harbour area, within 15-20 minutes walking distance from Sydney CBD. To amuse the kids, they also provide the special tram from pick up point in front of Chinese Garden area. Entry fee is 35 AUD / adult, they also have multiple and annual entry tickets. Combination pass with other city's attractions are also available. Information about the place can be easily obtained from the official website :

My favorite parts were the sharks, rays, and dugong viewing tunnel. During certain hours they also have feeding session, which can be inquired at ticket desks. Each section is very informative, as long as you're patient enough to read through all the information boards.
S-Jay S-Jay
Under the Sea At Sydney Aquarium Dec 16, 2010
Water Water all around! Funny that being in Sydney :) The Sydney Aquarium is situation at Darling Harbour.

Entry into the aquarium is on the expensive side, costing:

$35 for an adult

$18 for a child

Then various prices for students & OAPs.

Despite the cost this attraction is Sydneys leading one.. In my opinion the best!

During my visit the aquarium had a special exibit of LEGO features around the aquarium relating to marine life & mythical sea gods! Lots of fun for the children.. And the big kid inside me!

The aquarium is split into 5 marine areas:

The Southern Rivers

The Northern Rivers

The Southern Ocean

The Northern Ocean

The Dugongs At Mermaid Lagoon

A highlight of the Souther Rivers is to see Platypus swimming playfully along the reeds (Keep in mind these are nocturnal & may not come out to play when you first get to their area so please do go back.. I did & waited 20minuites to see them & it was well worth it:) :)

Within the Norther rivers you can see Saltwater crocs & Barramundi (Auz's most famous fish for food & sport)

The Southern Ocean holds many delights from little penguins and an open oceanarium with a variety of sharks & sea creatures swimming just over your head.

The Northern Ocean is designed to promote the greatbarrier reef! Here you see a varitey of fish & creatures that are found within the reef to help promote conservation of a a natural beauty.

The Dugongs At Mermaid Lagoon speaks for its self. Here you will find these beautiful "sea cows" being fed all day, swimming gracefully around. A great educational experiance for anyone.

The Sydeny Aquarium is a vital tourist attraction not only for education but for conservation with the Shark HQ quater that opened in 2010 along with a shark nursery to promote the breeding of sharks to be released into the wild.

Despite the price this is a well worth the money experiance for any age & any generation. You can spend a day awwing and oooing at the amazing beauty of the marine creatures aswell as gain insight into conservation & education.

The vast amount to see & do will keep anyone entertained & can take the best of a day!
Future creatures
Poseidon in lego
Airportman Airportm…
Aquarium at Darling Harbour Aug 03, 2009
Martin and I wanted to see the aquarium as we checked on things to do in Sydney, months before we were in Sydney.

The price for a single adult ticket is quite expensive, costing 35 australian dollars (around 25 euros or 30 us dollars). But since we both had bought a Discovery Pass, the price was less expensive.

The aquarium itself is located in Darling Harbour, with the Wildlife World next to it. The aquarium houses over 11.000 fish, divided in over 650 species.

There are 5 different areas, beginning with the southern rivers (where you can view the Platypus among others), followed by the northen rivers (where you can view the Saltwater Crocodiles, aka Salties, among others).

Then you get the southern oceans first (where you can view the Fairy Penguins among others), followed by the northern oceans (where you can view all sorts of tropical fish) and last you can see the mermaid lagoon (where you can view the Dugongs among others).

It wasn't so crowded luckily, but at times trying to get a good view or take a picture was not always possible as certain animals seemed more popular then others.

Despite the high price, I still recommend the place, as you can spend quite a long time there to see all the fish and other marine life.
Sydney Aquarium (right)
tacco14 says:
Posted on: Jul 01, 2010
petit_gooroo petit_go…
Great experience! Sep 26, 2009
First, I should precise I had not visited an aquarium for a very very very long time before going to Sydney Aquarium in Darling Harbour. It might be one of the reasons why I was so amazed there... but for sure the other reasons are just because this aquarium is great!

We went there at 8PM (the aquarium is opened until 10pm), and it was a very good time to go as the place was almost empty, what makes the experience even greater I think.

There are of course plenty of fish... It is very beautiful as they made a good effort on all the underwater settings.

My favourite part was going on the tunnel. I had never seen such an aquarium before and it is really a new way of seeing animals! We can be under them, it is amazing. They really managed to create an atmosphere that turned the visit into an experience for me.

Carps were flying into the water, so pretty. Sharks were so impressive. We saw tiny turtles (size of a finger) and massive ones. A crocodile yawned in front of us... What I loved the most were the dudongs, an animal I discovered there which is very peculiar and so cute!
Great sense of humour, I love it!
Cute face of a dudong.
A carp flying in the sea
roamingduck roamingd…
May 15, 2007
Sydney Aquaruim is fantastic. If you are going to spend money going into an attraction then this is definitel one to see. It is big so takes a while to see but there is lots to keep you occupied. The huge shark tank is great, as is the great barrier reef tropical section. I was a bit apprehensive as i thought i might get a bit bored just looking at random fish but it really kept me interested from start to finish

Related Travel Blogs About Sydney Aquarium

Darling Harbour and the Aquarium
I set of out on my own today, got my map and took a walk into on my way in I walked past a nail shop but resisted from getting a pedicure, had a wonder to get my bearings, then happened pa…Darling Harbour which is where Sydney Aquarium is, so in I went, some of it was cool, especially the rays…
Cruising on a Sydney Ferry
This is one of my favourite ferry rides in Sydney. It is a great way to see the harbour by boat and a quick way of making your way from the Quay to Darling Harbour. When I lived in Sydney this was …Darling Harbour is at the Sydney Aquarium (again, a discount option is available with the Day Tripper transport ticket), this…
Day 3: Visiting the Sydney Aquarium & The Wildlife World
After the visit to the Sydney Tower, we went to the Sydney Aquarium, which was just a short walk away in Darling Harbour. The aquarium hosts a big variety of australian ocean and river life, ranging …Sydney Aquarium, which was just a short walk away in Darling Harbour . The aquarium hosts a big variety of australian…

Check Darling Harbour Hotel Deals