Swissôtel Merchant Court Singapore

2 Stamford Road

Swissôtel Merchant Court Singapore Reviews

jesa145 jesa145
Luxurious Hotel with a great view May 06, 2011
Well, it was a company trip and our partners in Singapore had put us up at this hotel. From the time we arrived, I took note of the location and loved it and i was thrilled when upon checking in, I found that I was put on the 38th floor (there are 46 floors in total if I'm not mistaken) with the harbour view.

The rooms with harbour view go up 5 fold during the Gran Prix season as this is THE route. It's also the view of the newly built Marina Sands resort... which basically looked like a ship parked on top of a building.. it's beautiful!

The rooms are big, the bed and pillows are comfortable and the bathroom is fantastic! It's simple yet elegant. I love the selection of complimentary tea bags that they give you.... from Jasmine Green tea to Moroccan mint tea to the regular english breakfast and earl grey. Ahh and during your turn down service.. you get a mini toblerone choc on your bed.. a pleasant surprise after being out the entire day.
The night view from my balcony
KeikoCreative KeikoCre…
Swissôtel Merchant Court Singapore Aug 31, 2009
Swissôtel Merchant Court Singapore, is a luxury hotel ideally located close to entertainment and dining hotspots such as Clarke Quay, tourist attractions like Boat Quay and Chinatown. The close proximity of the MRT to the hotel makes Orchard Road, Raffles City, all major tourist attractions and the financial hub at Raffles Place within easy reach.

The hotel has 476 guest rooms and suites serve the demand of all travellers and offer a choice of accommodation options. The Business Executive floors offer luxurious rooms and suites with upgraded amenities including an Executive Club Lounge. Facilities include a choice of two restaurants, Ellenborough Market Café & Blue Potato. A bar - Crossroads Bar, Amrita Spa & Wellness, a free-form swimming pool, 24-hour gymnasium, a column-free ballroom and 4 function rooms.

When they first started in operation, they get popular for their high tea that serves around 3.30pm to 5pm. The main thing that attracts a lot of local is the Durian mousse. As Singaporean are great lovers for Durians;) I’m of course not an exception:P

We booked this hotel when we made our trip back to Singapore in 2006.

One disadvantage at that time was there were construction in progress next to the hotel, they were building a huge shopping mall which is now called – The Central Mall, well that doesn’t give us a lot of bother thou as we were out the whole day.

In the evening hours we’ll enjoy ourselve in the pool and jacuzzi, one of the evening we saw from a distance there are lights flying around like flying saucer.

Wonder what was that? So we decided to check it out after the swim.

It was people flying neon lighting kites, that was so cool!

Back to the hotel review, I love the breakfast buffet, they serve a wide range of culinaires on the buffet table. Best is, they even have some local delights, which I miss that very much.
Overview of the hotel
KeikoCreative says:
Yes is lovely, maybe I should add it;P
Posted on: Aug 31, 2009