Swissotel Merchant Court

Swissotel Merchant Court Rates and Deals

Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore Reviews

nytravels nytravels
Average hotel in the middle of the city Sep 27, 2011
Stayed here for a few nights on business. The location of this hotel is the best perk - situated next to Clarke Quay for great nightlife and places to eat. Getting around is really easy here with lots of work and tourist options within walking distance or hop on the Clarke Quay MRT just outside the hotel's doors.

The pool and gym were nice but just average compared to most major hotels. I didn't really use any of the services other than early check-in (they were able to give me a check-in around 1pm when I showed up at 12pm) and luggage storage.

My room was spacious but a bit dated. There were some stains on the floor where the carpeting clearly should have been replaced.

Overall a really average experience. The only thing I could recommend is the location but I am sure there are other nearby hotels with better value for the same cost.
van_wilder van_wild…
Nice view of Clarke Quay Jun 24, 2011
I stayed here almost two years ago. The location of the hotel is very good since it is located at Clarke Quay. The view from the pool is amazing, you can see the whole Clarke Quay. The rooms have good design although it is quite cramped compared to MBS. I ate breakfast twice in one morning. My first around 6am after partying and another one before 10am when I woke up. They were kind enough to accommodate my requests such as late check-out. I would like to stay here again but when I came back MBS was already finished. If there's no MBS I would still stay here.

If I am on a budget and I am going to Singapore just to party maybe I will stay here.
heilong heilong
Comfortable hotel with an ideal location Dec 18, 2010
The main selling point of this hotel is its central location... very close to Clarke Quay, adjacent to the MRT station exit B. It's convenient to walk along the Singapore River, visit the Colonial district and go to Chinatown. There also is a shopping Mall right across the street.

The room itself was spacious and comfortable. I would recommend the business advantage package for this hotel, it's a bit pricier but it includes complimentary (wired) internet. Wifi, however, is available for a surcharge and can be quite costly.

The amenities were typical of a 4-star hotel. For sure, the hotel was nothing too pretty, I personally found the contemporary "Swiss" design of the rooms a bit odd and slightly tired. Likewise, while the service is certainly professional, it's nothing special either.

In conclusion, I would definitely recommend this hotel for its ideal location and solid standards.
boywantwater boywantw…
Cozy Retreat in the heart of Clarke Quay Nov 04, 2009
Traveling can be tiresome, especially for those who are working in any branch of the armed services. For Navy personnel the one thing all have in common is a need to stay out in town in any port of call. Sleep in a comfortable bed, take a shower for as long as they want without fear of a loss of water and to sleep in peace.

The luxury hotel chain Swissotel helps to cater to those needs at their Merchant Court location in Singapore.

Centrally located in Clarke Quay it's literally a hop, skip, and a jump from every hotspot on the island. Spending a day/night in one of their business level rooms, a friend and I were able to parooze Clarke Quay, Boat Quay and even make a late night trip to the famed Orchard Road and Orchard Towers.

Cab fare as well as rail transit through the MRT system are easy access points to reach the hotel, which boasts two restaurants, a swimming pool, business resource center, bar/lounge, and a modern fitness center.

Overall the rooms are very nice, quaint but cozy, and feature high end amenities such as flat-screen televisions and remote controlled lighting/air.

When I recently stayed with a friend we were offered wonderful service and received coupons for free drinks at their main lobby bar.

The only downside I found was the room we booked billed free wireless internet, but it was a service offered to be paid by the hour, at a steep price, so double check all your features when booking a room.

For more information on the hotel itself visit: www.swissotel.com
arun339 says:
Iy's best place place to stay if you wanna party as well.cos it's right in front of all the clubs and pubs .
Posted on: Aug 16, 2010
Aussieusa82 Aussieus…
Convenient and comfortable Sep 30, 2009
I stayed at the Swisshotel Merchant Court while on my last trip to Singapore. Normally I stay all the way out by the airport because I like the hotel there. However, this time I had meetings in the city and wanted to be close to the MRT in order to get around easily. I opted to stay here on the recommendation of a colleague. This price was around 225 SGD for one night and because I arrived at 6am (and wanted my room right away), I had to pay for an additional night. The price included interet but not breakfast which I was a little dissapointed because I was told in the begninng that both were included. None the less, when I arrived at the hotel, the doorman met my taxi and told me I could go inside while he took care of my bags. I was soon checked in and was up in my room waiting for my bags to arrive.

The room was decorated nicely and was pretty clean. I had a view of the street which wasn't too bad, although I would have preferred a view of Clark Quay. The bathroom was slightly outdated and not the cleanest I've seen, but it definitely served it's purpose. The air conditioning was nice as well.. not loud or anything. The room is accessed by a key card and the key card controls the main lights in the room as well. There is a mini bar with drinks and snacks. I did not check out any of the bars, resyaurants of pool, but they all seemed quite nice. The location is great with an MRT right outside. I probably wouldn't choose to stay here again in the future unless I had too. I figured for the price, I was probably paying for location more than anything.
View from Clarke Quay

• Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes