Swiss-Belhotel Manokwari

Swiss-Belhotel Manokwari Rates and Deals

Swiss-Belhotel Manokwari Reviews

o_dog o_dog
Not so what the website says it's about Nov 21, 2010
Obviously I let my expectation run too high before I actually checked in to the hotel. The hotel website was definitely convincing in selling the great things about the hotel. Now that I’ve stayed in the hotel I could say that the website was misleading.

Despite the name, the hotel was very much mediocre. The room was okay – it was a standard. It had everything: the bed, mini fridge, tv with a few cable channels, and a study area. The bathroom was decent, but had a funky smell. It was not comfortable. I asked Guest Services to clean it again and get rid of the smell, which they did. But the smell came back after 6 hours. I wanted to get another room but they were booked for the weekend. I was glad I stayed out of the room most of the day and most of the time during my stay there.

The food was average. Although the hotel offered breakfast, the choices were not that many and the food was dry and tasteless. It had an omelette bar, though. I had their steak promo once, but the steak was hard and veggies were not fresh. I'd say food was not the hotel's strongest point. They should do something to improve it.

During my stay there the hotel experienced a few blackouts. It has a generator set to restore power, but when it happened a few times in a day it was not very comfortable. I was once in the elevator on my way down to a meeting room when it happened. Power was back on in a minute by the gen set though, but I almost freaked out. Wait, let me rephrase that. I freaked a little bit.

The hotel did not provide internet, and the business center had only a place to sit down for your own laptops and telephones – no computers. The internet was an extra charge to your room. If you decided to use the hotel internet connection, you could call the front desk for a username and password. They would give you that and you could use the LAN connection in the room. The charge was Rp 30,000 an hour (roughly $3/hour). And once connected, the internet was slower than the speed of a walking snail!

The hotel had a good side, though. The staff was very friendly and courteous. They were very willing to help out, always smiled, and greeted you. I could manage some physical imperfections when I got a decent human contact.
Swiss-Belhotel Manokwari restaurant
Swiss-Belhotel Manokwari restaurant
Swiss-Belhotel Manokwari, the stan…

Swiss-Belhotel Manokwari Overview

Swiss-belhotel Manokwari, the first international hotel in Manokwari, located in the city centre and only eight minutes drive from Rendani airport. Moreover the hotel is conveniently located above a department store, supermarket and entertainment venues. The hotel offers easy access to the central business district and tourism attraction.
Swiss-belhotel Manokwari offers a variety of comforts to satisfy the demand of our guest. All rooms are fully equipped with satellite TV, a personal deposit box, IDD Telephone, mini bar, Individual controlled air conditioning, coffee and tea making facilities and hair dryer.

A contemporary style cafe, featuring and specializing in buffet and a la carte menu. Trendy, Soft color scheme and elegant ambiance with local ethnic interior designed.
Elegant bar overlooking the swimming pool, it offers International and Asian Cuisine. BBQ can be held around the pool for a romantic and unforgettable dinning experiences

Business centre with internet connection, concierge, foreign exchange, ticket confirmation, postal service, package and courier service, airport transfer service, 24 hours in room dining, five meeting room and one ballroom, Raja Ampat VIP lounge, Breeze Lounge and Bar, Swiss Cafe, eight Anggi Karaoke Rooms, Laundry and 24 hour Security.

Swiss-Belhotel Amenities

• Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes