Swiss Acres Inn

Swiss Acres Inn Rates and Deals

Swiss Acres Inn Lake Placid Reviews

CanadianBetty Canadian…
Dont stay here... BED BUGS and FILTHY Mar 03, 2011
I am not a picky traveller...usually travel on a tight budget and have stayed in hostels, motels, roadside inns, etc. and they are mountains above this place.

I booked online sight unseen, reading reviews and thinking people were being picky and how bad could it be?! Looking forward to a ski trip at Whiteface, we arrived at 11PM after a 6 hour drive from Ontario, exhausted and just wanting a place to sleep.

We checked in and they billed us for two nights immediately. We got to our room and immediately found the following issues that are unacceptable and I find it hard to believe AAA certified this place. We would have left right away but we had arrived as the office was closing for the night.

* the bathroom was filthy- with urine on the walls around the toilit and mold throughout the shower/ tub.

* the front door did not lock

* the bedspread/ comforter had black short hairs on the underside of it. (Note: both my husband and I are blonde)

I did not care that the room was dated and panelling falling off, carpet torn and heater taped in to the wall...or the overpowering car air freshener smell that covered up who knows what other smells...these things would not bother me at all if the room had been clean.

I could not sleep all night... woke up feeling itchy and with things crawling on me. In the morning I found red bites on my feet and ankles and inside of my wrist. I am assuming that they were bed bugs or fleas although I could not find any in the light.

I went to the front desk to let them know that we would not be staying the second night and were told we would not receive a refund unless they could book the room that night- which no one would/ did. I decided to take to $89 loss and book elsewhere.

We booked at the Comfort Inn instead and it was luxery compared to the Swiss Acres for only a fraction more in cost.

I am not a picky traveller...and loved our time in Lake Placid but want to save any other unassuming online bookers the $$$ and disappointment and advise to stay clear of this place.

Swiss Acres Inn Overview

Located on Saranac Avenue, the Swiss Acres Inn is less than 3 miles away from the city center. The lodge is just a mile way from Lake Placid’s Main Street, where a bunch of shops is located. Several dining, shopping and leisure sites are also close to the Swiss Acres Inn.

Accommodations at the Swiss Acres Inn are designed with pine paneling and cabin decor. Guests are provided with a selection of Standard Rooms, Suites and Chalets/Cabins. All units have cable televisions, air-conditioning units, telephones and porches. Cabins have fully equipped kitchenettes, while the Whiteface Suite features a fireplace and the best view of Whiteface Mountain.

The Swiss Acres Inn offers European-style and affordable accommodations in the Adinrodack Mountains. The property features a heated outdoor pool, a relaxation garden and a sports bar with a fireplace and a television. Guests are also offered with a complimentary breakfast daily.

Swiss Acres Inn Amenities