Swirlz Cupcakes

www.swirlzcupcakes.com - (773) 404-2253

Swirlz Cupcakes Chicago Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Lighter than Air Cupcakes Jun 17, 2010
An intimate cupcake shop, Swirlz is located on Belden in Lincoln Park. We had time to kill, so we wandered over from Lincoln Park zoo, luckily finding a parking space within walking distance. We were there early evening, and the cupcake selection looked a little picked over. They do close at 7 o'clock, so that's probably part of the reason. The selection of cupcakes included vanilla, chocolate, vanilla on chocolate, red velvet, carrot and the surprise flavor of the day -- coconut chocolate, a chocolate cupcake with flaked coconut icing, of which there were 2 left; I claimed one of them. The cupcake was good, but not quite what I was expecting. The cupcake itself was rather light, and it had a true made from scratch flavor. The coconut icing was awesome -- incredibly creamy, the creamist icing I've ever had without being whipped. There was a hidden layer of chocolate ganache on the cupcake, too.

Swirlz had limited indoor seating, but there ware tables outside as well. Also available at the counter were 'pupcakes', little cupcakes for dogs that my friends scooped up.

Check Chicago Hotel Deals