Swig

Swig - White Sangria with no fruit :(

Swig Milwaukee Reviews

hancock826 hancock8…
Small plate dining Jun 24, 2008
Swig is a hip restaurant in Milwaukee's Historic Third Ward. This place really is at its best in the summer when they roll the windows up (garage style) and set tables out on the sidewalk. The decor is great and the staff is excellent. I have been to Swig 4 times (only 2 times at it's new location) and have always had great service. Also, a big plus for me is that it is smoke-free which is a rarity in Milwaukee.

This place specializes in small plate dining which makes it great to go with a group and try out lots of new things. My favorite small plate is the crab cakes served with a chipotle pesto sauce. They are very small though so I would suggest getting the larger count. Besides the small plate selections they have a sizeable menu of signature entrees, sandwiches and salads. This last time I went I had the pan seared scallops in a roasted red pepper sauce with spinach gnocchi. The sauce was a bit stronger than I like but the scallops themselves were fantastic. I also got the white sangria to drink, but was disappointed that it doesn't come with any fruit in it and it was a little bit bland.

The prices are pretty reasonable. I would say that almost everything is under $15, but there are a couple things over $20 including some tenderloin skewers that looked great (the people at the next table got them).

Overall, I recommend this place for the location, the atmosphere, the service and the opportunity to try different dishes.
Pan seared scallops