Sweet Tooth Cupcake and Milk Bar

Manchester, England

Sweet Tooth Cupcake and Milk Bar Manchester Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Sweet Tooth Cupcake and Milk Bar Jun 19, 2010
Sweet Tooth Cupcake and Milk Bar is the latest reason I've found to fall in love with Manchester. It sells, predictably enough, fantastic cupcakes, milkshakes and tea and coffee.

Sweet Tooth is located in the cool Northern Quarter, near the city centre, and just next to Pop Boutique. It is very cool, but it was quiet so I felt weird about taking too many photos. You'll just have to take my word that the decor, which is somewhere between "1950s kitchen advert" and "approximate Americana" is very cool indeed. And yellow. But in a very good way.

The tea and coffee are made fresh, and as the man behind the counter explained to everyone, this might mean you have a couple of minutes to wait. I don't think this is a problem. I didn't have a milkshake myself, but I did notice that the icecream they use is Green and Blacks, which is very good quality indeed.

This brings us onto the cupcakes. I am not normally a cupcake or muffin fan - they are often a bit dry - but these are wonderful. The cake was so soft and fluffy and moist that it collapsed under the weight of the icing on the third bite. I had a "prince" (they are all named after famous people), which had a raspberry sponge base and chocolate icing, and I am getting all hungry just telling you about it. It was really, really good.

They are also good value. The cupcakes are about £1.75 which is not bad at all for the quality, and the coffees and teas are considerably cheaper than Starbucks, and much better quality.

I will definitely go back.
Sweet Tooth is just in the corner,…

Check Manchester Hotel Deals