Sweet Tomatoes

1900 Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard, West Palm Beach, FL, USA
www.souplantation.com - (561) 640-5720
Sweet Tomatoes - A couple of the soups. The one on the left is the Tomato Chipotle soup I ate, which was great.
Sweet Tomatoes - Macaroni and cheese, a vegetable medley of some sort, and another pasta dish.
Sweet Tomatoes - Dessert! Chocolate lava cake topped with frozen low-fat chocolate yogurt.
Sweet Tomatoes - Bread and muffins.
Sweet Tomatoes - Some of the salad pasta. The three on the left are part of Sweet Tomatoes' current Mexico theme.
Sweet Tomatoes - Salads! The one on the far right is the taco salad, part of the current Mexico theme at the restaurant.

Sweet Tomatoes West Palm Beach Reviews

Jamal1280 Jamal1280
A tasty, healthier alternative Sep 22, 2010
I've been to Sweet Tomatoes many, many times, and since I went again last night, I decided to finally write about it.

Sweet Tomatoes is a buffet-style, self-serve restaurant featuring salad, soup, pasta, bread and desserts, and very little - if any, depending on the month - meat.

I'm not a vegetarian, but if I were, I would consider this place paradise. You can have romaine or iceberg lettuce, or spinach leaves as your base, or even a pre-made Caesar salad. The variety of toppings is vast - everything from cheese to onion to corn to olives to garbanzo beans to jicama...too many to list LOL. And there are plenty of good dressings too.

They usually have a handful of hot soups to choose from that differ everyday; a couple of strictly pasta dishes; a potato bar; three different cheesy flatbreads; and different kinds of muffins (apple, blueberry, corn, etc.)

The drinks are mostly fountain drinks (okay, not so healthy LOL), coffee, milk, water - and some special drinks they make. I recommend the strawberry lemonade, which is usually so awesome they should bottle it and sell it at the grocery store (though it was strangely weak last night, admittedly). I'd probably go through two or three gallons a week if they did :)

And the desserts? Low-fat Edy's frozen yogurt in dark chocolate, french vanilla and a swirl of the two. Plus brownies, fruit, gelatin, sugar-free mousse and a special daily dessert. Sometimes it's a fruit cobbler, other times its lava cake (I've had chocolate, lemon and orange flavors).

One of the coolest things is that every two or three weeks, the restaurant has theme dishes representing a region of the world. They're currently doing the Mexico theme, so tonight I enjoyed a taco salad, Mexican pasta salad (which wasn't that good) and chipotle and tomato soup, among other foods.

Cost is usually about $15 a person for unlimited food and drink at dinner time, but less if you have coupons, which they e-mail to you monthly if you join Club Veg for free. One of those coupons allows two people to eat for the price of one, which my friend and I usually do.

I'm trying to think of something negative to say about this place, but I really can't. It's clean, the food is good, and you get your money's worth when you eat. It's no wonder I'm a semi-regular here. :)
A couple of the soups. The one on …
Bread and muffins.
Macaroni and cheese, a vegetable m…
Some of the salad pasta. The three…
baddragon01 says:
Hi Jamal,

Thanks for writing this review and I must agree with you Sweet Tomatoes is a fast, fresh, economical way to eat healthy. The only downside here in the Bay Area is that they are all located in the suburbs but it is still worth the drive!
Jamal1280 says:
Glynnes says:
Sounds lovely - Edy's frozen yogurt for desserts. Thanks!

Check West Palm Beach Hotel Deals