Sweet Tomatoes Restaurant

Tucson, Arizona
Sweet Tomatoes Restaurant - My plate
Sweet Tomatoes Restaurant - Matt at the desert counter, lol!
Sweet Tomatoes Restaurant - The interior
Sweet Tomatoes Restaurant - The interior
Sweet Tomatoes Restaurant - Matt's plate

Sweet Tomatoes Restaurant Tucson Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Best Salad Restaurant in Tucson Sep 22, 2009
Sweet Tomatoes is an almost exclusive vegetable restaurant with the exception of a few pastas and cookies they offer. I have eaten at Sweet Tomatoes on many occasions but never sat down to write about it. Since I have all this time on my hands sitting here in Phoenix at the Radissons hotel, I thought I might put down my opinions about this delightful restaurant located on the East side of Tucson at the intersection of Broadway blvd and Wilmot. My girlfriend Suzanne and I have met and eaten here on more than three occasions and each time we have both agreed it is the best place to have a full meal of only salads.

The salad bar is comprised of some of the most diverse sets of vegetable choices I have seen here in Tucson. The lettuce is usually freshly cut, tomatoes, onions, spinach, mushrooms to mention but a few and the soups are steamy hot and delicious. The breads are usually cheese heaven, which makes me happy. I've never tried the pastas because I always get full on the bread, dessert, and salad bar! Do try and save room for dessert. Their muffins and other monthly desserts usually have at least two good choices - brownie muffin and whatever low-fat fruit muffin is available. Other desserts are also very good. Service is usually just fine. The service tam is cheerful and always offer to refill your drink. After seating you they introduce themselves letting you know they will be your attendant for the duration of your stay. Always exceed my expectations.

The buffet is a bit pricey though considering the majority of the ingredients are very cheap. I mean we are talking lettuce, bread, and pasta here. Partner and I usually can't get out from here under $20 with only one of us getting a drink - and that's for lunch or dinner. The price itself knocks it down one star. But the fact that you pay that much and really, if you think about it, Sweet Tomatoes' food quality does not set it aside from most other chains, the second star goes away. It gets even worse when you factor in that I never eat my worth of admission price.

But, I have one big beef with the salad bar itself, they charge you extra for chicken/meat for your salad. How is that right? My suggestion is to go grab some chicken out of the tasteless chicken noodle soup to put on it...that's what I used to do and it worked well. Still, this is a go to staple for us when we want to be filled but not with something overly greasy. It's also fairly fast and easy and allows us to be healthy (of course granted we make the correct decisions). I recommend it to friends, but I don't recommend it as more than average food quality in a city with surprisingly good options. I highly recommend this place to all Vegans and non vegans alike, their prices are reasonable and includes a variety of selections.
Matt's plate
The interior
Matt at the desert counter, lol!
Africancrab says:
Yes, I do receive the coupons. It is a great place for healthy eating, ambiance is great too.
Posted on: Sep 25, 2009
saintnikita says:
I love Sweet Tomatoes!! So healthy. My favorite are the blueberry muffins, Minestrone soup, Wong Tong Salad and joan's Broccoli Madness. If you sign up to receive emails they usually send you coupons once a month. (1 one get one free, if you buy 1 meal and 2 beverages.) ~$13.50
Posted on: Sep 25, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Sweet Tomatoes Restaurant

Tucson Mountain Park's treasures & attractions
I spend many hours at work behind closed doors, working on computers for each hour I’m there. The temperature in my work environment is centrally controlled at 75 degrees which for me is COLD, cons…Tucson (see my review on Sweet Tomatoes Restaurant). After lunch, we headed east on Speedway towards the Tucson Mountain Park…

Check Tucson Hotel Deals