Sweet Melissa

213 South 1st Street, Laramie, WY, USA
(307) 742-9607
Sweet Melissa - My strange falafel
Sweet Melissa - The center dinning area
Sweet Melissa - YUMMY garlic hummus!
Sweet Melissa - My nook :P
Sweet Melissa - outside
Sweet Melissa - entrance

Sweet Melissa Laramie Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Sweet Melissa Jun 08, 2009
Sweet Melissa is an 100% vegetarian restaurant located on 1st street in historic downtown Laramie, Wyoming.

Immediately I noticed that the place had a friendly atmosphere. The walls were decorated with small paintings and the staff were quick to greet you with a friendly smile. The center dinning area was packed with locals patrons eager to eat. On either side of the front door were small dinning nooks perfect for drinking tea and writing in a sketchbook while watching people walk by the window.

The menu was extensive! All vegan items were labeled with a "V" and items that could be made vegan were labeled with a "VOR" meaning vegan on request. There were also items available for those on a gluten free diet. Nothing was priced over $9.50 and the portion size was filling.

I ordered the garlic hummus for an app and the falafel sandwich as my meal. The hummus was very yummy. They offer garlic hummus everyday along with a "Hummus of the Day". The falafel was okay. It was slightly overfried and nothing like a traditional Middle Eastern Falafel. I am thinking that there are two different types of falafel in the world. Middle Eastern Falafel and Falafel by those who interpreted the recipe into something else.

But with that said I would def return and try other items on the menu. I saw some of what the other patrons ordered and everything looked delicious!!

Sweet Melissa is open Monday through Saturday and closed on Sunday.
outside