Sweet Katie Bee's

212 E State St, O'Fallon, IL, USA
Sweet Katie Bee's - the sweet potato cupcake, topped with shredded coconut and crushed pecans
Sweet Katie Bee's - located in downtown O'Fallon
Sweet Katie Bee's - Sweet Katie Bee's
Sweet Katie Bee's - Sweet Katie Bee's

Sweet Katie Bee's O'Fallon Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Disappointing Nov 19, 2012
I have eaten in a number of cupcake shops around the country, and I was excited that one finally opened up in O'Fallon, as I go shopping over there often. Sweet Katie Bee's opened in October 2012, in downtown O'Fallon. I visited on a Saturday afternoon, and there wasn't another customer in the shop, which I would describe as quaint. You enter through the dining area and go back to the counter, where the cupcakes are displayed behind glass. There was probably a dozen choices of cupcakes, standards like chocolate, vanilla, and carrot cake. Plus, a couple that intrigued me: key lime and sweet potato. One thing I noted, though, was these were not fancy cupcakes, in fact some of the icing presentations were not very good at all. They appreared haphazardly decorated. They looked homemade, which I can appreciate to a point; but if I'm going to go to a cupcakery, I expect the presentation to have some effort into it. I would have been embarrassed to have these on display for purchase.

I opted for the sweet potato with cream cheese icing, topped with shredded coconut and crushed pecans. I was severely disappointed in this cupcake. It was on the dry side, and very dense.

I don't know if I would return to Sweet Katie Bee's. I like their idea about using local and organic and sustainable ingredients, but I think thye need some more practice. I might return one more time, just in case I got an off batch, but I wouldn't go out of my way.
the sweet potato cupcake, topped w…
Sweet Katie Bee's
located in downtown O'Fallon
monky says:
Congrats on your today's featured review!:D
Glynnes says:
Congrats on being Today's Featured Travel Review.
vulindlela says: