Sweely Estate Winery

sweelyestatewinery.com - (540) 948-9005

Sweely Estate Winery Madison Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Nice stop when taking the scenic route Sep 19, 2010
I found this winery while taking the scenic route from Massanutten back to DC. It is most certainly on a backroad, but with its vines visible from the road and its purple flags waving me in, I made a pitstop.

They have a tasting for $5, but I opted out to only try the white wines. You walk in and they have a variety of wine-themed trinkets, accessories, and products. The tasting area is in the rear. The staff are helpful and sweet; they are so helpful that I almost got convinced to buy a bottle of red wine. One of the owners, Sharon Sweely, introduced me to a "soft" red; it was more tolerable than I find reds to be, but not light enough to convince me to buy an entire bottle.

They have a patio in the rear where you can sit and enjoy your glass or bottle of wine. They have a light menu of food to order from. I hate to have been on the run, but I bought 3 bottle of wine and left. A return trip here would have to be a day trip or for one of their events. As with many wineries, they have specials where the more you buy, the more you save.

I can't imagine you'd be in Madison, VA by choice, but if you are driving through, this place is worth a stop.

Check Madison Hotel Deals