Swastika Restaurant

Swastika Restaurant - The bar

Swastika Restaurant Sanur Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Good Indonesian food Aug 02, 2012
Swastika Restaurant is located in Sanur, right next to Swastika Bungalows driveway. I had read that Swastika Bungalows had a very good restaurant, I just didn´t know that it was on the main street and not inside the hotel.

When I stopped outside to check out the menu, I was met by a very sweet lady. She let me look at the menu without bothering me. When I looked up, she said with a smile: “ was it okay” ? It definitely was. I was shown to a table, which I found a little bit dark, so I asked if I could move to another one. At my age I have started having trouble reading the menu if it´s too dark. When she understood why, she just giggled and put a flower in my hair. How sweet!

The restaurant was decorated with typical Balinese furniture, white tiled floor, a couple of shrines and a fountain. The sound from the fountain was very relaxing. The only thing I could have been without was the disturbing music. It seemed like it only had one tone, which was repeated over and over again.

The menu offered starters, salads, soups, pasta, seafood grill and Indonesian, Balinese and Chinese specialities. There was definitely something for everyone and the prices were cheap.

I ordered chicken satay with vegetables and rice from the Indonesian specialities. It was very good. The satay skewer were served on a small dragon shaped grill with hot coal. For dessert I had the black rice pudding with coconut milk. My sweet little waitress looked a little worried when I ordered the dessert. It didn´t seem like she thought that I would like it. It was lovely. I was just surprised that it was warm.

The staff was very sweet, friendly and helpful. They were also were attentive. And they definitely cared about what they were serving, like it was their own cooking.

I can recommend Swastika Restaurant and I would like to eat there again.

Opening hours: Daily 5 pm – 11 pm
Chicken satay
Chicken satay
Black rice pudding with coconut mi…
Complimentary peanuts