Swastika Bungalows Bali

Check Bali Hotel Deals

Swastika Bungalows Bali Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Great value for money Aug 23, 2012
I was going on an East Indies Seatrek from Bali to Flores. Two nights at Swastika Bungalows before the seatrek was included in the packages. Since I arrived a few days earlier, I booked at Swastika Bungalows of convenience. That way I could just stay at the same place. Swastika Bungalows is located in central Sanur, a 10 minutes walk from the beach.

I arrived at 11:30 pm . Check in was very efficient and very friendly. I just filled in my name and passport number on a sheet and then I was shown to my room (no 28). The rooms are located on two floors along narrow pathways in lush gardens. There was a new and an old section of the hotel.

My room was simple, but spacious, had a tiled floor and dark wooden furniture. The large bed was very comfortable and the AC worked great. There was no tea/coffee making facilities, but I did not miss it on my one week stay either. Bottled water was complimentary and there was a well working fridge there. Great to keep ones own drinks cold. The TV had about 40 channels, many of them international, so a very good offer. WI-FI was free, but did not work very well. The wardrobe had a padlock on it. It made me wonder if there was a problem with theft among the staff, but I never had any problems. There were plenty of safety deposit boxes in different sizes in the reception where you could leave your valuables for free. There was also a cloths rack in the room. Great for wet swimwear and towels.

The bathroom was interesting. It had large green plants, but no roof. Have never sat on the toilet and looked at the stars before. It felt a bit awkward when I showered, even though I knew that no one could see me. The shower had only cold water, but the bathtub had both hot and cold water (and it was HOT).

Breakfast was included in the room rate and served at the terrace overlooking one of the pools, but was nothing great. The buffet consisted of dry bread, pastries, jam, noodles, fruit and cool aid. There was someone there to prepare your choice of eggs, but besides fired eggs I wasn´t very impressed by their cooking skills.

There were three pools of different sizes in the gardens, with sun beds and pool towels provided. Most of them with a children´s section or jacuzzi. The new pool also had a sunken bar with chairs in the water. Prices on drinks and food were very reasonable. There was no drink or food service at the other two pools.

The hotel offer laundry service and it is very cheap, but BEWARE! I turn in a load with both white and light coloured cloths. The white was fine, but my baby blue and pink t-shirts had been thrown in with dark coloured cloths. They were stained and totally ruined. The laundry service is not done at the hotel, but bought from a different company.

Swastika Bungalows also offer a Spa, which I tried several times. It was nothing exclusive, but very good and very cheap.

When I returned from my seatrek, I stayed at Swastika Bungalows for two more nights. This time I got room 54. It looked newer and had a roofed bathroom. The balcony/patio outside was lovely with chairs and a table under a small roof.

For USD 46 this was very good value for money. The hotel is nice and the friendly staff made my stay very pleasant. Their care and friendliness seemed genuine, which I did not feel in very many places in Bali. If you are looking for cheap, but good accommodation I can recommend Swastika Bungalows and I would like to stay there again.
Room 28
Room 28
sarahsan says:
No compensation other than that they didn´t charge me for the laundry service! I didn´t give them a hard time. They weren´t my best shirts!
Posted on: Aug 23, 2012
vances says:
Did they offer any compensation towards replacing your ruined shirts?
Posted on: Aug 23, 2012

Swastika Bungalows Bali Overview

This Bali hotel is located centrally within the Sanur area, making it within close proximity of a number of shopping options. Guests will enjoy a short walk from the Bali Swastika to the beach, where they will be able to enjoy sunbathing, swimming, and water sports activities. Area attractions are close by as well. The Swastika Bungalows Bali is located within steps of shopping, dining, and beaches. Parking is available on-site for guests arriving by private vehicle.

Each of the 80 guestrooms available at the accommodation is equipped with modern amenities for guest convenience. Guestrooms include traditional Balinese décor and furnishings. 24-hour room service is available for all guestrooms as well.

Situated within a landscaped tropical garden, the Swastika Hotel Bali includes a traditional Balinese style along with a modern accommodation. Amenities of the hotel include 24-hour reception, a selection of restaurants, a bar, and a selection of shops. Further amenities include a laundry service, a playground, a hotel safe, two swimming pools, and a children’s pool.

Swastika Bungalows Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Ticket Service
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower