Perth, Australia

Swan Bell Tower Perth Reviews

Fayemin Fayemin
Swan Bell Tower Nov 03, 2008
I read a lot about the Swan River Cruise while I was flying for Perth but little did I know that there is this nice architectural tower which houses the bells.

I was curious with how this tower differs from the other bell towers that I have seen. It was easy to spot the tower for its uniqueness-- with the design of swan wings on the side.

As I went to the second level, I was surprised to see people standing in a circle. A lady asked me to join the group and hold a rope. Nevertheless, I hesitated and did what she instructed. She helped me pull the rope for few times until I got a hang of it.

At first, I thought it would be easy. I had to lift my feet and exert effort in order to ring the bell. Oh! I saw ourselves on the monitor-- ringing the bells. Fantastic! The bells sounded so nicely. After a while, we went to the fourth level. From there, we were able to see how the bells work as another group of people in the second level was ringing the bells.

After that experience, I went to the roof deck. It allowed me to have a nice view of Perth City while enjoying the cool breeze.

On the way down, I passed by a room showing the history of the bell tower. Whew! The bells came from England and some of them had been recast. With the rich origin, would you believe that there is this society of bell ringers? The group ensures that they ring the bells daily and would be glad to teach others on how to be happy ringers as well.

Check Perth Hotel Deals