Svenska Mumbai

Check Mumbai Hotel Deals

Svenska Mumbai Reviews

ramit ramit
Luxury is possible in a small hotel !! Sep 12, 2012
Mumbai is an expensive city for hotel accommodation & finding a hotel that offers true value for money has always been a challenging for me .

I have tried various hotels over my years of visiting Mumbai & this time I came across this hotel called the Svenska Design hotel while searching for a place on google . They call it a luxury boutique hotel with Swedish designed interiors . Looked quite slick on their website & was very close to where I was wanting to stay , so decided to give it a shot ... I must say I wasn't disappointed :)

The Svenska is a small hotel and has standard & Deluxe rooms. I opted for an online non-refundable rate for the deluxe room since the differential was not really too much .

Located on a by-lane off the Link road in Andheri West , the hotel is a glass building , not really impressive on the outside . A functional reception greets you as you enter and their multi-cuisine restaurant is right there .

I was given my room keys quickly & I took the elevator to my 6th Floor room. The hotel definitely has the look & feel of modernity to it and a slight European feel . The room was exactly as I had seen on their website . A large 300 sq.ft room with wooden flooring , a large bay window looking towards the city , King sized bed , a desk with a very innovative chair ( check out the pics ) , electronically controlled lights , scene selection for lights in various combinations , tea/coffee maker , mini bar , LCD television with DVD player and my own IPOD Dock which I was very glad to have .

The bathroom is modern though not very large as compared to the room size . Separate shower area with a glass partition always looks slick .

The great thing about this hotel is that it offers a bit more than any regular hotel .. even bigger and more popular ones.Now this is something that I have never heard of before ... they offer an IPAD free of charge for 2 hrs a day , Nintendo Wii or PS3 for 2 hours a day and have a selection of DVD's that you could order for free ! They also had a 15 minute oil massage thrown in for free ( you could select from a head massage , shoulder & neck massage or a foot massage ) .. I opted for a head massage which was given to me in the comfort of my own room :)

The hotel also has something they call a 'Personal Butler service ' for each room . So you press the butler button on your in-room console and a guy dedicated to you takes care of everything you need for your stay. I would call that a smart way of handling .. so instead of calling housekeeping / room service / reception separately you just buzz your own butler .. feels good !!!

The hotel has a restaurant called Miro which is also a lounge bar and a terrace top restaurant called Soul . The lunch buffet was small but adequate & dishes prepared were nice.

If you wanting to find a nice comfortable hotel near the suburbs , this could definitely be one of the choices .
ramit says:
Yeah free stuff thrown in is always good :) .. even though it doesn't cost the hotel too much .. but since a guest doesnt really get free stuff from hotels now a days ... its something that definitely would take you back there !!!
Posted on: Sep 17, 2012
sinaasje says:
I love free things :)
Posted on: Sep 15, 2012
spocklogic says:
Whoa - free stuff (and lots of it) with a butler too! You say it is in the suburbs-Easy transport from here?
Posted on: Sep 15, 2012