Sutukil Rsetaurants

Cebu, Philippines

Sutukil Rsetaurants Cebu Reviews

the_bloodsucker the_bloo…
Sea Food Galore at Sutukil Mar 20, 2008
Sutukil is Cebu’s version of Manila’s Dampa or Seaside (my review- http://www.travbuddy.com/Seaside-v192204). Located just right beside the Lapu-Lapu Shrine in Mactan, it is one of the island’s most popular venue for nature-themed , freshly cooked sea food dining. The only difference is that Sutukil has no wet market where you buy your goods from before having them cooked by your chosen restaurant. Here, the eateries themselves are the ones selling fresh seafood, allowing hungry customers to save time and effort.

We ordered Garlic Shrimp (which is the house specialty among all restaurants here), Clam Soup, Baked Mussels, Grilled Tuna, Sizzling Squid and Sea Weed Salad done in two different styles. After 20 minutes, our food were served, making us realized that we have ordered more than how much we expected to eat that afternoon. But it was okay, the more the food, the more the room for commenting. =D

I would like to commend the restaurants friendly staff. My hands are down when we talk of Cebuano’s hospitality. They just never fail to wear that heartwarming smile.

Another Sutukil advantage is that they serve sea food as fresh as they can be as sellers get their daily supplies from nearby islets.

The location of Sutukil restaurants is also a plus. Just a few meters from your table is the very relaxing view of the island’s seawater and extensive rows of Mangroves.

The food? So so. It was not at all bad but they just weren’t cooked and tasted the way I wanted them to be. On this part, I would say Manila’s Dampa is better (although this reveiw is not meant to compare the two). No question about the freshness of the ingredients, but the taste was not just perfect. I am not sure if the disappointment came from too much expectation, or my tastebuds just don’t go well with Cebuanos.

But when it was time to pay the bill, I was amazed at how cheap our bountiful lunch cost. It could have passed for a fiesta dining but we only paid just half of what we usually do in Manila with the same number of food. Amazing!

I would say eating at Sutukil is still a must for every travelet hitting Cebu. As the locals say here: KAON ‘TA! =D

How to get to Sutukil:

Sutukil restaurants are located just beside the Mactan Shrine. You can get a taxi from Cebu City which will cost you about P200. Just tell the cab driver you want to go to Mactan Shrine in Punta Engaño. It’s on the way to Hilton Resort and Shangri-la Mactan. For public transport, you can either ride on a jeepney that goes to Punta Engaño (No. 23 jeepneys with Punta Engaño signboards in the windshield) or get a tricycle from Lapu Lapu City.
pakalsboy says:
charge per cook ba dito?
Posted on: Jun 28, 2008
pakalsboy says:
i see..akala ko 1k per person. gusto kasi namin umorder ng madaming putahi. :)
Posted on: Jun 28, 2008
the_bloodsucker says:
we were 8 and we paid (if i remember it right) P1.3 grand. 1K is more than enough. ;-)
Posted on: Jun 27, 2008