3325 Las Vegas Blvd S Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV, USA

Sushisamba Las Vegas Reviews

mkarinaa mkarinaa
Not exciting sushisamba May 27, 2010
Well, we were in Vegas and really wanted some sushi. So started looking through the restaurant guide and found Samba. It looked pretty cool so naturally we went to check it out. And I have to say that I was rather disappointed.

The restaurant itself is done nicely, interesting decor and atmosphere but everything else is something more to be desired.

The sushi was very overpriced and not that good, there was nothing really out of the ordinary something you'd expect to see in Vegas and not a lot of choices. The service was ok, I mean we did have to wait for about half an hour in an empty restaurant for our raw fish to be brought out!

I wouldn't go there again.
HuBison HuBison
Nice spot when you want a touch of sushi in a land-locked state Sep 13, 2010
My friend and I had a coupon for a 2-for-1 specialty drink for SushiSamba and I had already decided that I wanted sushi too. We went on a Saturday in the mid afternoon in early September so it wasn't crowded at all. We opted to sit at the bar because we knew we'd be quick.

What is SushiSamba? It's venue for "a unique blend of fiery Brazilian, zesty Peruvian and fresh Japanese culinary influences". It is wierd to be sitting down eating sushi and listening to Brazilian techno music; but they claim it makes their restaurant a one-of-a kind experience.

The glass façade was inspired by the linearity and color of Mondrian. You can eat under a 16-foot ceiling and soaring atrium. Surrounded by curving ribbons of brilliant color, you'll visit Rio's Carnaval by way of video screens of tanned bodies and sculpted abs. Lose yourself in artful projections that feature the colors, flavors, and cultures of Japan, Brazil, and Peru. We sat atthe bar and got a more frontal look of the restaurant area. The colors can make you a little dizzy, but its pretty.

When it comes to libations, SushiSamba has some wierd concoctions. They serve muddled fruit in alot of their specialty cocktails. The use lots of fruit juices and exotic spirits that you have to ask for explanation of like sho chu and cachaça. And if you’ve been curious about sake, look no further, they have a list with its in-depth descriptions and a sake sommelier to guide you.

I couldn't tell you mucha bout the food, but SushiSamba serves grilled eats such as "filet mignon with ginger, garlic and soy; lamb chops with guava ponzu, tobiko and spiced panko; and jumbo prawn. There's also a hearty sampling of traditional Japanese, Peruvian and Brazilian dishes, including classic Japanese tempura, Brazilian churrasco and feijoada and Peruvian anticuchos, marinated skewered meats roasted over an open fire – timeless street food".

I has spicy yellowtail and it was only $7 for 6 pieces (not that expensive). I can second another TB reviwer's comment that the service is not super great. At one point, I thought they ran to California to pick up my fish. I was wondering why it was taking so long for my sushi to arrive as it wasn't that crowded. When it did arrive, it was good, nicely prepared, and I would have ordered another roll if I didn't think it would take that long and we weren't in a rush.

Happy Hour is from 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m., Sunday - Friday at the bar. Featuring $6 aperitivo, caipirinha and mojito specials, Reverse Happy Hour begins at 11:00 p.m. but I don't really know what that means.

There are limited places in Vegas to get sushi; the list is ever growing, but when staying at the Venetian, it doesn't hurt to stop here-just sit at the bar (eventhough the service is slow); it seems to be a better decision than getting table service.
It looks kinda busy
jdax57 jdax57
Poor Customer Service May 31, 2009
Upon arrival to the restaurant with a reservation. We were quickly denied a table for 30 mins. Whats the point of having a reservation if you don't get the promised service. The place was packed tighter than a can of sardines, and the receptionist (all three) were for the most part shallow and ignored us for the whole time we were waiting for a table.

Also they decided to seat 4 people without a reservation before us. After waiting 30 mins with a reservation to be seated we were given no apology for the long wait, and we were seated in a two person table that was both small and wobbly. The table was still dirty from the previous customer, and it was sandwiched between a group or rather obese folks and about 5 inches away from a couple. Furthermore, the neo-age techno music inside the restaurant made it impossible to both concentrate and have a decent conversation. I assume the angle of the theme of the restaurant is to introduce sushi with a Brazilian twist to the younger generation through a lounge/club scene type environment. In any case, lacking decent lighting and general ambiance, and rather substandard customer service/appreciation makes this place worthy of a 1 star rating in my book. I think thats enough too tell me that a place lacking that kind of Customer service shouldn't have my money. Irregardless of high quality food or world-class Chef or chefs can't make up for the poor customer service, so refusing to accept the lack of service I can't rate the food as we did not even bother to spend the money in that place.

If you want fun type environment with ambiance and good food, hit up Sushi Loca or Krazy Sushi in NW Las Vegas. If you are looking for Sushi that won't break the bank hit up Sushi Mon off Sahara Dr, $32 all you can eat sushi quality is overall good as long as you don't mind the wait.
pinchora says:
BTW did you get your meal comped for having to wait? Especially since they seated people before you!
Posted on: Jun 02, 2009
pinchora says:
hmmm... I almost went to sushi samba in NYC... if the experience is the same there as yours I'm glad I didn't make it!
Posted on: Jun 02, 2009