Sushi-e

(02) 9240 3000

Sushi-e Sydney Reviews

Aprilosu Aprilosu
Jan 22, 2008
It's been over a year since I was living in Sydney, but one place that still burns brightly in my memories is Sushi-e, the sushi bar above the Establishment Hotel bar on George Street. It was, hands down, my favorite place to eat in Sydney. The Japanese chefs are very friendly, and if you go there more than once, they will remember you and perhaps even offer you a free taste of something they think you'd like. The sushi is fresh and delicious. Watching the craftsmanship that goes into preparing the dish is half the fun.

I suggest getting there about 20 minutes to a half hour before your reservation (reservations are required if you want to eat here). You will be escorted upstairs by a lovely young man or woman and invited to have a seat in the cocktail lounge until your seats are open and ready. The extensive and expensive list of cocktails is exciting, and the lounge itself is a relaxing, enjoyable experience. Keep your eyes peeled for a glimpse of a celebrity or two. My friends and I sat next to Chris Noth (Mr. Big from Sex and the City) during one visit.

Get dressed up, have a great dinner, and go down to the bar afterwards to mix with the locals. This was the protocol for a typical Thursday night in Sydney for me, and it never left me disappointed.
My friend Molly and I having a coc…

Check Sydney Hotel Deals