Sushi Yukari

5655 E River Rd # 151, Tucson, AZ, USA - (520) 232-1393
Sushi Yukari - Agedashi Tofu, yummy!
Sushi Yukari - Agedashi Tofu, yummy!
Sushi Yukari - Pan steamed Japanese dumpling
Sushi Yukari - Agedashi Tofu

Sushi Yukari Tucson Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Authentic Japanese Cuisine Dec 22, 2009
It was Happy Hour on Friday night at Luna Bella, the evening went well and the night gently led us to decisions of “what next?” majority would be going to Skybox Restaurant and bar where the 80s & Gentlemen band would be performing. I jumped in on the band wagon even though I was to meet my Bosnian friend at Boondocks bar. We had eaten at Luna Bella but for some reason everyone I was going to Skybox with agreed we had to stop for another meal at the Sushi place on River Center - Sushi Yukari (inwardly I wondered what it is with everyone wanting Sushi, but I went along anyway).

This was my first time at Sushi Yukari, I did not remember the name past that forty minutes we dined there. It is located in the River Center and provides authentic Japanese food. I had two Japanese people with me: Sue and Tuyen, I trusted they knew what was good. Turned out the food was excellent. We ordered mainly from the entrees page since we had eaten earlier. I regret not taking a picture of my Shishamo fish dish (grilled Japanese Capelin) only $4.50 and grilled Japanese egg plants also for a mere $4.50, it was incredibly delicious not to mention healthy. I can’t remember what matt ordered because he ate so fast that by the time my food arrived, he was done. I think it was Gyoza, a pan steamed Japanese dumpling while Tuyen ordered Agedashi Tofu (great choice). You must try that when you eat there. When I eat, I love to taste my food before swallowing, if my taste buds are not solely engaged, it tells me the food was average or not good. I will tell you that I did more than taste my food on this night, I savored every moment of it, delicious, tasty, different from the usual Japanese restaurants as well as fast food Asian combinations one finds in many places. Their a la carte menu has a eye feast of delicious choices that blew me away, especially for the prices they are offering. They have a lot of good everyday cuisine that you can't find in most other Japanese restaurants

I heard the sushi is great, but since I do not eat Sushi, I can not write with any authority about their sushi, I urge you to try it though and you can vouch for them. I always look out for service, I can not tell you how good the service was: fast for starters and the our attendant was knowledgeable as well as courteous. A big five for the service.

Here is the restaurant in a nutshell:

Style: Inviting

Cuisine: Authentic Japanese food

Dress code: Casual, elegant

Location: The River Center. Tucson

Price: Average $5 - $12

Hours: Monday - Thursday, 11:00 am - 2:30 pm (lunch), 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm (dinner)

Hours: Friday & Saturday, 11:00 am - 2:30 pm (lunch), 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm (dinner)

Hours: Sundays, 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm (dinner)

Reservations: Not required, accepts walk ins

Anytime you read a review, keep an open mind. Remember always "One man's Meat, is another's Poison"

This was my "Meat".
Agedashi Tofu, yummy!
Pan steamed Japanese dumpling
Africancrab says:
Ha-ha! that was the point, make you all hungry so you can go eat Japanese. Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.
Posted on: Dec 22, 2009
reikunboy says:
awesome review, it's dinner time here and I'm starving
Posted on: Dec 22, 2009