4370 Lorimer Road, Whistler, Canada
(604) 905-0155

Sushi-Ya Whistler Reviews

RacquelT127 RacquelT…
Feb 07, 2008
Sushi-Ya was a cute little restaurant located in the Marketplace area of the Whistler village. Comfortably situated on the second floor requiring restaurant go-ers to take the stairs or elevator up.

It was nice and lit perfectly for a dinner. The service was outstanding. Being the I am allergic to seafood, when they were informed they made sure that I was aware of the food preparations, and what the various dishes that were ordered contained. Two of the girls in my group ordered some noodle dish, though I had not planned to eat it the nice waitress brought out the nutrient information which also listed a warning that is was prepared with fish or something like that. I greatly appreciated her thoughtfulness.

The food was tasty. It was prepared a bit differently than I was use to but still tasted great. I ordered chicken teriyaki with rice and vegetable tempura (which i shared with the whole group because of its large quantity of the order). I was a expecting chicken with teriyaki sauce poured on top, but it was more so sauteed in teriyaki sauce and delivered to our table sizzling. The sizzling made the presentation of the dish that much more enjoyable. My friends ordered sushi, and they liked it =).

We however, did not order dessert, but no big deal, the meal was delicious enough that dessert could wait.

I would recommend this restaurant for it's excellent customer service, creative presentation, and tasty chicken teriyaki.

Check Whistler Hotel Deals