Sushi Sky Japanese Restaurant

478 Yonge Street, Toronto, Canada
+1 (416) 969-8988
Sushi Sky Japanese Restaurant - My monster roll that almost killed me
Sushi Sky Japanese Restaurant - An Osaka Temaki Set with Tuna roll, Salmon Roll and a California Roll
Sushi Sky Japanese Restaurant - My starter
Sushi Sky Japanese Restaurant - My beer
Sushi Sky Japanese Restaurant - The kitchen

Sushi Sky Japanese Restaurant Toronto Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Large portions Apr 10, 2012
I was feeling for something light after my stay in the States and on the Cruise ship Majesty of Seas with Jamal. I had just arrived in Toronto and had checked in to my hotel in Yonge Street and I was quite hungry after having skipped breakfast in the morning.

It had just passed 8 pm and just across of my hotel I had spotted a sushi bar and I had a sudden urge for some light Japanese food. I entered the sushi place and to my surprise it was quite large inside. I chose to settle at a table close to the open kitchen so I could follow the making of my food. Remembering the small portions of orders in Hong Kong in January I ordered 3 dishes.

My first dish was Sashimi Appetizer with Tuna, Salmon, Red snapper and Surf clam that turned out to be quite nice. My second dish was a Sushi Sky Maki with eight pieces that seemed larger than life. Here I resigned and had to admit that I ordered too much food. The dish was nice but far from my expectations both at size and taste; too my liking there was way too much rice.

My third and last dish was Osaka Temaki set with Tuna rolls, Salmon Roll and a California Roll. Here I had push my limit to far and I found myself fishing the good parts out of the rolls and thereby avoiding the huge amount of rice.

To say the least I was more than full having made my best try surviving eating the meal and having a couple of Sapporo beers along the meal. The food was good but it was not over the top. The service was friendly and the waitress even gave me the access code to their Wi-Fi, which was a huge plus in my book.
An Osaka Temaki Set with Tuna roll…
My beer
My monster roll that almost killed…
My starter