Sushi Shalalá

Tamaulipas near Michoacán in Condesa, Mexico City, Mexico

Sushi Shalalá Mexico City Reviews

MarquesDeMarges MarquesD…
Unassuming on Condesa's main drag Jun 24, 2010
Tamaulipas south of Michoacán is crowded with plenty of places to eat, drink and be merry. Sushi Shalalá is by no means an extraordinary sushi place, but it's good, and there's outdoor seating (which can, admittedly, get annoying with all the street performers who crawl up and down Tamaulipas). The menu is pretty enormous, and I can only attest personally to a small portion of it, but everything I've had has been decent enough for inexpensive-to-moderatly-priced sushi. The service is less than stellar, but what makes this place stand out in my estimation is their Paquete Vegetariano. Four small but delicious courses for around 100 pesos. As with all sushi in Mexico City, watch out for extraneous cream cheese, and lime juice in your soy sauce. (?)
MarquesDeMarges says:
I couldn't agree with you more, Mensch. My last visit to Shalalá was a few months ago, and I was thoroughly disappointed. I won't be going back, and should probably change my review. My new preferred sushi joint is Musuko, on Nuevo León at Campeche. Tables seating only men get 40% off their (admittedly inflated) bill on Tuesdays and Fridays; the same goes for tables seating exclusively women on Mondays and Thursdays. As tasty as it is, though, without the discount it's just too expensive to justify.
Posted on: Jul 07, 2010
Mensch says:
sorry, but I have eaten at Shalala over the past 5 years and today, July 7, 2010 I was surprised of the steeper prices alround, and SMALLER sushi and not surprised by the absence of customers. 50 bucks gets you a LOT more in
a lot of other restaurants, with much more comfortable seats to boot.
Posted on: Jul 07, 2010