Sushi Ko

8 Stavropoleos street, Bucharest, Romania - (+40) 758 088 400

Sushi Ko Bucharest Reviews

tirsomaldonado tirsomal…
Sushi restaurant in the old town May 04, 2012
Most probably the best sushi place you can find in the city located right in the middle of the old town. We sat down on its terrace and we had a lovely dinner watching people passing by!

We had an Exotic Set which was the specialty of the house for 2, Tirso Jr had some chicken spring rolls and we had the best dessert! Chocolate tamago and tempura ice cream…. Imagine a maki made of rice and nutella! Well, you gotta try that dessert! Everything together plus a Japanese beer and a glass of white wine came up to 190 RON.

It is not expensive but you will pay a little more than average in Bucharest.
aksieman aksieman
Good SUSHI and central location Jul 11, 2011
Good sushi at an acceptable price. Also at a great location, in the middle of the old-town pedestrian area.

We shared the sushi/ sashimi bridge with 3 and that was great again. Was there also in 2009, still going strong.
sarahsan sarahsan
Trendy sushi Jul 24, 2010
Sushi Ko was recommended to me, not difficult really since it is the only sushi restaurant in Bucharest. Nothing wrong with that, the sushi was excellent. The restaurant is located in the middle of the Str Smărdan and could not be in a better location. They also have a branch in the Baneasa Shopping City Mall.

Sushi Ko serves traditional and trendy Japanese cuisine. Besides all sorts of sushi, some being more trendy than traditional Japanese, they also serve sashimi, soups, dumplings, tempura, noodles and teriyaki.

I ordered different types of maki (Twist & Shout, Naked Salmon, Shrimp Tempura and Salmon Coated Tuna). It was a misunderstanding in the kitchen so I got more than I ordered, but this was removed from the bill straight away. The sushi was elegantly presented in wooden boxes.

The interior was nice and trendy. The red chairs gave the place a warm atmosphere. The staff was very professional. My waiter, Eduarde, was friendly, courteous, and very helpful in recommending sushi from the menu. Even the manager stopped by my table to make sure that everything was fine. All the staff spoke excellent English (which makes life so much easier for a poor tourist like me).

If you like Japanese food and/or are into sushi, this is the place. I can highly recommend Sushi Ko. I will definitely eat here again on my next visit to Bucharest. If you are to lazy to go there they also deliver (0747-874 456).

Check out their special ura maki on the menus page 14 and 15 ( Pretty fancy stuff!
Naked salmon, Shrimp tempura, Salm…
Twist & Shout
Sushi Ko
Inside Sushi Ko
Glynnes says:
I luv reading food reviews. Sushi -- nice. Thanks!
Posted on: Jul 27, 2010